Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Electrical Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical Situation

Yesterday, when I just put the key on the ignition, there's a loud beep sound, and the light around the Ignition switch turns on. The driver's door light turns on too and the tiny car on the panel shows the door open as it was. I turned the lights on without start the engine and I heard another warning sound like a bell or something. I know, that's the normal way that those things always should work. Today all those things aren't working again as before. What controls all those functions together? Seems to be a loose cable, damaged plug or something, but where?

On the left side of the steering column there is a grey plug. You'll have to remove the column cover and knee bolster to really get to it. However, if the indicator for the headlights on door open is also not working I would check the switch located in the door jam first as that is your most likely culprit.

Comment

Its normal for them not to work the bell is the seatbelt warning.

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
      Originally posted by keepinitclean
      I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHusk11 View Post
        Its normal for them not to work the bell is the seatbelt warning.
        I'm pretty sure he's talking about the headlight on indicator and the key in ignition indicator...... that's why I suggested the door pin switch as it would be related to both items not working.

Comment

Isn't the seatbelt indicator, Im' pretty sure of it. And it's not a fuse either.

Comment

Originally posted by PROBLEMATIC View Post
            Isn't the seatbelt indicator, Im' pretty sure of it. And it's not a fuse either.
            Since you said it worked for a bit try jiggling the switch on the door jam. Also check to make sure the screw holding the switch isn't corroded/rusty as this is how the switch gets ground.

Comment

Originally posted by coupes View Post
              I'm pretty sure he's talking about the headlight on indicator and the key in ignition indicator...... that's why I suggested the door pin switch as it would be related to both items not working.
              Sometimes everything works fine, like 1 time each 3 or 4 months. How can I check or fix it?

Comment

Sometimes everything works fine, like 1 time each 3 or 4 months. How can I check or fix it?
                To check the switch, unscrew it from the door jamb and it will slide right out. Make sure the one wire going to it has a good connection and also for the above stated corrosion on the screw. If you have a multimeter you can also check to make sure the switch has continuity.

Comment

What about the grey plug on the left side of the steering column? Is that the plan b if the door switch works fine?

Comment

What about the grey plug on the left side of the steering column? Is that the plan b if the door switch works fine?
                    That would be another place to check if the switch doesn't work........ check the switcch first then check back in.

Comment

Be careful when you pull the door switch, they like to spit the spring out. While you have it out, take some time and rough cloth (like terry cloth) and dry clean the plastic parts. This should help get rid of some of the dirt and abrasion that makes them stick.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181023

what do you think? It's possible?

Comment

Working...
                        X