Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AEM bypass valve vs. generic ebay bypass valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEM bypass valve vs. generic ebay bypass valve?

is there a difference? is it possible that an ebay one wouldnt even work and would be a piece of crap?

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

i could imagine that is you are rockin' the AEM bypass i would probably not go with the generic for obvious reasons.
    1. it could allow moisture into the car if it was poorly made.
    2. judging by buying it off of ebay there will be no warranties
    3.if you have an AEM CAI why would u want a knock off brand on something not?

i say it is your decision to what you wanna do that is what i would tell ya from cb7 2ner to another.

COLBALT CB7 2NER
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

well im not looking to buy an aem cai, im looking to buy a 20 cai on ebay so i was wondering if i should go with the cheap route for the bypass valve as well or if i should fork out the extra money for an aem bypass valve?

Comment

What exactly is the AEM bypass valve? This kid told me it was just a sponge, haha

Comment

hahaha, yea ive always wondered how they worked too, anyone got an anwser?

Comment

the bypass valve is a valve flap that can open and close based on loss of pressure of the intake, if there is a sudden loss of intake pressure (induction of water), the valve closes and allows breathing through the foam part of the valve (the "sponge")

Comment

oh, alright...so should there be a diff between aem and non aem?

Comment

if i remember correctly the generic bypass valve that i have see is not really a valve that can open and close but rather acts as secondary breather for the intake so if you do in fact run into a deep puddle and the actual filter unit starts inducing water the bypass valve will not allow there to be enough suction to take in water through the intake tube, rather the suction redirects through the bypass valve, in essence it still works but anytime you add a bypass valve you do lose out on power because you lose the velocity build up of air that shoots through the intake tube because you are now taking air through both the regular cone and bypass valve, i'd say if you were in an area with a lot of rain or water to stick with a short ram with a heat sheild, will provide good results

Comment

i'm generally a believer in you get what you paid for
                  I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

On a CAI, who cares what company made the pipe? I'm runnin a cheap ass e-bay cai but with a K&N filter.. I just recently purchased an AEM bypass valve because i dont want to run the risk of hydrolocking my engine. I dont get all that much rain, but for the price, it's worth it to know i wont have a problem.

i'd say fork out the extra 20 bucks and get the AEM brand one, so you're sure it's not going to let you hydrolock
                    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

alright man, exactly what i was thinking, thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X