might come back to the cb7 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
    If it were me, I'd re-do the swap myself. Convert the engine to OBDI, then get as clean an engine harness as possible from a junkyard and take the usual swap plugs from the H23. If it has everything.

Not a car I would have bought if I weren't prepared to spend a bit making sure it worked right.
    unfortunately i dont have the tools or tech know how to do it myself.

i find write ups online but it only mentions h23 vtec with 5 speeds , none with automatic . thats whats complicating things for me

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

I had an MP1A (non-LSD) auto in my H22 sedan and that part of the harness was exactly the same as the F22's.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I had an MP1A (non-LSD) auto in my H22 sedan and that part of the harness was exactly the same as the F22's.
        I wish there was someone in my area that can help me decifer this .

I'll change out the front motor mount and see how it drives . I'll put it on Craigslist to see if I can get my $$ back and then some

Comment

Originally posted by tear2wo View Post
          I'll change out the front motor mount and see how it drives . I'll put it on Craigslist to see if I can get my $$ back and then some
          Likely the best idea. Not sure why you'd buy a swapped and hacked car if you weren't prepared to invest time and money to make it right.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

To get a mostly clean chassis coupled with that awesome engine, the price was an amazing deal though. At least to me; you have to consider the price of that engine by itself. All of those little rust spots look easy to rescue if you were able to spend the money a bit further down the line.

Buying an older car comes with these issues. You need either the tools and skill to do the work yourself, or the money to have a shop to do it for you. If only I wasn't the only 'CB7Tuner' in northern Colorado... mi garaje es su garaje. I'm jealous of the multitude of Californians in here. So ronery.

*Whoa. Kinda random, but I just went over to HMO to check out their H23V pricing. Major redesign over there. Hopefully this means they'll be more on top of their inventory now.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-05-2017, 08:11 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

To get a mostly clean chassis coupled with that awesome engine, the price was an amazing deal though. At least to me; you have to consider the price of that engine by itself. All of those little rust spots look easy to rescue if you were able to spend the money a bit further down the line.

Buying an older car comes with these issues. You need either the tools and skill to do the work yourself, or the money to have a shop to do it for you. If only I wasn't the only 'CB7Tuner' in northern Colorado... mi garaje es su garaje. I'm jealous of the multitude of Californians in here. So ronery.

*Whoa. Kinda random, but I just went over to HMO to check out their H23V pricing. Major redesign over there. Hopefully this means they'll be more on top of their inventory now.
              for $1000 bucks i didnt think it was a bad deal . i cleaned up the top of the engine bay and a lot of oil from under the distributor came off easily so thats where i believe the oil leak is coming from . im giving the engine a day to dry off plus i still need a battery .

just purchased a new front motor mount/torque mount , for 16$ shipped off rockauto.com . not too bad . im thinking of just putting some jbweld on the rust spots on the roof for now . they're little tiny holes so i think that should be fine

Comment

Working...
              X