M2S4 transmission shifting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M2S4 transmission shifting issue

I've had a H23 transmission for 3-4 years now with no issues from it. About 5 months ago, one of my shifter cables broke, leaving me with 2nd, 4th, and reverse. It wouldnt go into 1st, 3rd, or 5th gear.

I ended up taking the transmission out and replacing the clutch and cables. Once I reinstalled everything, I still didn't have 1st, 3rd, or 5th.

For you OG members that remember the yeahmans short shifters, I have one with both places to adjust the throw. I tried to move the cable to the perch for the longest throw and nothing. Well, i then took the cable off and put it on the shortest throw the shifter would allow and the shifter would hit the stopper bracket in the in the bucket itself. I decided to bend that bracket itself and i had all gears again.

I told you that, to explain the issue I have now. When I put it in 1st, 3rd, or 5th, the shifter is all the way forward in the console. Going into those gears is much more difficult than going into 2nd, 4th, or reverse. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues like this?

Hope this is understandable, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Anyone have any ideas?

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I'm thinking to narrow down if this is a transmission, cable, or shifter issue you need to try a normal OEM shifter. If it is still hard to shift then you are looking at a cable or transmission issue.

This is where I would start. It sounds like the angle or cable line is not engaging the 1/3/5 shifter fork properly.

Comment

Working...
      X