Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what controls the auto seat belts in a ex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what controls the auto seat belts in a ex?

i think the seat belts are suppose to slide abck and forth when you open or close the door. mine do not move at all. is there a fuse or relay that controls this. i looked and couldnt find one for it.

If it's a 1990 or 1991, the seat belts are controlled by the box under the passenger seat.

If it's a 1992 or 1993, the seat belts are controlled by your hand.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

its a 91 so look for a box under the passenger seat? what would i do to get them working again?

Comment

ok josh to confirm, 9091 ex's came with auto belts.

i thought it was dx and lx 9091

i forget. sheesh so much dam info on our cb's hard to keep them all in my brain.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post

i forget. sheesh so much dam info on our cb's hard to keep them all in my brain.
          isnt that what he said?

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post

ALL (USDM at least) 1990-1991 sedan and coupe CB's came with auto belts: DX, LX, EX, and SE.
            The only 90/91 CB without auto belts was the 1991 wagon, which came with manual belts like the 92/93 CBs.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

^^ cb masta
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                If it's a 1992 or 1993, the seat belts are controlled by your hand.
                Mine has little seatbelt fairies that do it for me.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

theres a little box under the passenger seat that controls them...if you having problems with the seat belt still no working i believe theres is also a motor that is used to push and pull the seat belt on your door.

I was told that the motor in behind the plastic in the middle of the doors next to the seat that also goes bad.

I been meaning to fix my driver side one i switched 2 boxes thinking that was the problem but the driver side motor went bad so i would look into that.

also one of the guys up top is correct. only EX and SE models of 90-91 came with automatic seat belts all others dont have it

Comment

Mine is a 90 LX coupe, and it has auto seat belts, but they both don't work I was hoping to find some answers here! lol

Comment

THis:
                      Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                      ALL (USDM at least) 1990-1991 sedan and coupe CB's came with auto belts: DX, LX, EX, and SE.
                      The only 90/91 CB without auto belts was the 1991 wagon, which came with manual belts like the 92/93 CBs.
                      Not this:
                      Originally posted by ErRrrLokiLlo View Post
                      also one of the guys up top is correct. only EX and SE models of 90-91 came with automatic seat belts all others dont have it
                      Originally posted by Shaar View Post
                      Mine is a 90 LX coupe, and it has auto seat belts, but they both don't work I was hoping to find some answers here! lol

Take it to the dealer. They're supposed to repair almost anything wrong with the motorized section of the restraint system under a lifetime warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                        Take it to the dealer. They're supposed to repair almost anything wrong with the motorized section of the restraint system under a lifetime warranty.
                        There has been discussion about this on the forums, and it all depends on the dealer, unfortunately. Now that I remember, they don't seem to cover the motor either, only the belt if it is ripped due to wear and tear and not done purposefully.

On Topic: In the door, the part that locks onto the black latch on the door, not the door switch, is what actually sends the signal to the seatbelt modules to either retract or move forward. This is evident upon popping off the door panel and looking at the wiring in the 9091 and the 9293.

Comment

look under the passenger seat and see if the plugs are plugged in to the box there

Comment

I'm not positive on the sedan, but the coupe has an access hatch on the lower panel behind the doors, where you can crank the belt all the way to the retracted position, then you just have to click it in and out. (unplug the box under the passenger seat first)

Comment

Visual Poet, I did not say anything incorrect. i was only replying to:

Originally posted by ErRrrLokiLlo
                              with my comment of:

Originally posted by Shaar
                              Mine is a 90 LX coupe, and it has auto seat belts

Comment

Working...
                              X