Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

It's my turn- **Project SOHC**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      will it retain the balance shafts? i just had an issue with mine.
      Yes, it will still have the balance shafts installed. Just not going to use them. As long as they're lubed up just like you did the crank, it should be fine. Even if they got locked up, it shouldn't make a difference. If anything, it might raise oil pressure a bit to have them locked up.
      Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      180whp, stock cam??????????????

In for it, Jose doesn't bullshit
      Yep, trying to reach 180whp on the stock cam/head.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Wish this build well, all these NA Fseries builds have me excited.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I can't wait. 2 days and it gets put in.
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

im pissed i cant go
            and i know the rabbit wont make it over the hillssss

you have to come over when its done.

Comment

You just HAD to work huh!

All good, I will try depending how late we take.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Comment

i know right

fuckin jobs

oh well. i cant call off on my second day

Comment

i am running all KMS valvetrain and i did not have to machine the head at all. just make sure u tell them to send you the titanium perches for the f22a. they did not charge me extra. well let me know how it goes, i just got my car ack from the dyno and it put down 216whp on a mustang dyno, so its around 250ish on a dynojet and 280ish to the crank. let me know if u have nay questions.

Comment

My sexy self removing the girdle to start assembling the motor

I had no one to take pictures during the building part and I wasn't going to stop in the middle of it to take pictures. so yeah, here are near finish pics
                    After pistons were installed

crank/rods all torqued down

oil pump/pickup/windage tray installed

sweet piston shot

Don't judge me by the mess in the back ground. Some family just moved in and decided to store their shit in my garage.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Accordtyper91 View Post
                      i am running all KMS valvetrain and i did not have to machine the head at all. just make sure u tell them to send you the titanium perches for the f22a. they did not charge me extra. well let me know how it goes, i just got my car ack from the dyno and it put down 216whp on a mustang dyno, so its around 250ish on a dynojet and 280ish to the crank. let me know if u have nay questions.
                      I am going to run Bisimoto springs/cam and stock retainers.

216 is pretty damn impressive. I can't wait to see what this puts down.
                      3 CB's gone....
                      1 WK Overland....

Comment

WOW!
                        Im happy for you alex...This weekend huh?
                        Wow...I need to hurry up with my boost setup then....

Comment

Good luck on the build. Jose it's gonna beat ur h23vtec watch out.

H23vtec
                          Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by ssaccord92 View Post
                            Good luck on the build. Jose it's gonna beat ur h23vtec watch out.
                            That is my goal.

That fucker ALWAYS has to be faster than me. One day I will win. One day.
                            3 CB's gone....
                            1 WK Overland....

Comment

I think you fed your engine builder one too many tamales and corona. Someone ain't hungry. Also, I hope Joser didn't chase you around the garage in them gloves.
                              Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-06-2009, 08:47 PM.
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

alex ur biuld is coming along great. that would be nice to be able to keep up with him thou. ur gonna run the h22 trans right

Comment

Working...
                                X