**Advice needed - engaged women**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**Advice needed - engaged women**

I'm really not sure what to do and have been thinking about it a lot lately. I need other's advice.

Here's the situation: I met this girl 2 years ago that just blew me away. She's intelligent, beautiful, and has a great personality. At the time, she started dating this guy. She recently got engaged over Christmas and part of me was crushed and the other part was happy for her.

Over the past two years, my feelings for her have grown. I've NEVER met someone so amazing in my life.

Here's where I'm stuck.....I understand she's engaged and off limits, but I feel like I need to express my feelings to her before it's too late. I don't want to regret it later down the road.

Should I go through with it and let her know how I feel? Or do you think this could potentially ruin what we have as a friendship?

Let her know, or you WILL regret it later. Trust me, I've been in a similar situation.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

don't b a homewrecker. imagine if that other guy was u........ I'm married and would not want my wife to do anything behind my back. even if it was another guys expressing feelings.
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

uuuuuuuu u are royally fucked my friend. whenever you are with her just try to read between the lines. see if she likes you as more than a friend, then take it from there. do not brake a happy relationship unless you have good reasons to brake it.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Lol yo got a hard one there buddy if you tell her and she's a honest gurl and she tells her man he might wanna start shit with you and its really not worth it cause she's not your girl or you can tell her and she won't say anything so your taking a huge chance if it was me I would tell her IF I know she's attracted to me so dude idk good luck.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
          My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

Don't do it man. She's off limits. It's over, your window of opportunity has expired. Just accept it for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
              Let her know, or you WILL regret it later. Trust me, I've been in a similar situation.
              I've had a few friends tell me this.

Originally posted by jhondayaaj View Post
              don't b a homewrecker. imagine if that other guy was u........ I'm married and would not want my wife to do anything behind my back. even if it was another guys expressing feelings.
              I have no intentions of being a homewrecker. I just feel like getting this off my chest will help me move on.

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
              uuuuuuuu u are royally fucked my friend. whenever you are with her just try to read between the lines. see if she likes you as more than a friend, then take it from there. do not brake a happy relationship unless you have good reasons to brake it.
              My intentions of expressing my feelings are not to break up a happy relationship at all. Something inside me is telling me I need to do this to move on.

I have read between the lines and I GUARANTEE if she wasn't in a relationship, we would be together.

Originally posted by AcCoRd91cBsEveN View Post
              Lol yo got a hard one there buddy if you tell her and she's a honest gurl and she tells her man he might wanna start shit with you and its really not worth it cause she's not your girl or you can tell her and she won't say anything so your taking a huge chance if it was me I would tell her IF I know she's attracted to me so dude idk good luck.
              Yeah, I would be hell. He's a cop.

Comment

x2 if you open up to her you will seem like a weirdo and it will ruin your friendship beyond repair.....

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Yep, stop being a douche imo you've been sitting idly by for the past two years, prior to the engagement it's almost an understandable situation, but the rings on the finger man, she's off limits.

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    Don't do it man. She's off limits. It's over, your window of opportunity has expired. Just accept it for what it is.
                    I think your right. I just need to accept it for what it is and move on.

Comment

Man thats a hard one bro. i would have to agree with that other kid..if you think shes given you some play or your friends think so too then i would go for it..but if not then back out. Shit its takes balls eitherway.

Comment

Originally posted by tresexohcb View Post
                        Yep, stop being a douche imo you've been sitting idly by for the past two years, prior to the engagement it's almost an understandable situation, but the rings on the finger man, she's off limits.
                        If I opened up to her while she was dating, I would of been a douche then, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          You don't watch many romantic comedies do you?

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

^lol. I don't know you, nor the situation enough man. If she was dating and not engaged I'd say go for it. Same thing happened with my girl's best friend and one of her guy-friends. They were just pals for years and years until one day he randomly texted her and told her he had been falling for her forever. She left the guy she was with, well also because he was a jackass, and they're still together to my knowledge. So, it's your call ultimately...but be careful and think before you act, if you do go ahead and tell her.

life is good.

Comment

So... You met this girl 2 years ago. And she started dating this guy at that time (2 years ago?). You missed your chance by about 2 years to tell her how you feel.

I've been going out with my girl friend for 2.5 years now and will be proposing very shortly. I would be devastated if someone I knew expressed their feeling for my girl friend. I would feel defensive, and protective, and on the verge of violent if any situation arose where that guy wanted to "hang out" with her. Things to look into are: 1) how happy is she with him? If she's happy with him, why would you tell her besides to make yourself feel better? That's just selfish and wont' bring her any happiness with you and could possibly hurt their relationship. 2)If she isn't happy with the person she is going to marry, if they argue all the time an opts to hang out with you more than she does with him. It's a sign of a bad relationship and chances are she just needs an escape from him so she hangs out with you. I've seen it first hand. My girlfriends ex room mate would opt to secretly date my room mate while leaving her husband to watch her daughter. If this is the case, even if you are with her, things aren't going to turn out like you hope they would because she will just do the same thing to you eventually.

Either way, you need to evaluate why you want to tell her rather than thinking about the fact that she's getting married.

Simple version, if it were I in his shoes. I'd want your head.
                              Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Working...
                              X