CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 03:18 AM   #21
SilverShadow
CB7tuner Member

SilverShadow is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to SilverShadow Send a message via Yahoo to SilverShadow
Point taken...we all get annoyed at the ones that ask the questions that can be and should have been searched before they posted the question. I'm glad to see the issue is seriously handled and I personally apologize for thinking it hadn't.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION
SilverShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #22
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
You'll very rarely see a thread on this site that says nothing but "search!"
There should always been some info given, or a link to the necessary info. If you ever notice a thread that does otherwise, please let me know about it!

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #23
oldschool1
Newcomer

oldschool1 is cool... so far.
one sweet ride
oldschool1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #24
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool1 View Post
one sweet ride
What are you talking about?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #25
Accord problems
Contributing Member

Location: THE HIPPIE STATE WHERE EVERY ONE DRIVE A PRIUS... NORTHERN CALIFORNIA *facepalm*
Accord problems is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Saying things like "I think your approach is interesting, but I'm not a fan of the result" isn't flaming. Perhaps it's unnecessary, unless you're asking a question, or complimenting something else... but it's not offensive. ESPECIALLY if the OP asks for opinions.

Saying "ew omg RICE!!!" is just downright insulting. Yes, it's the internet, and people shouldn't take things to heart... but you know what? We're not just a bunch of random dudes on the internet. We're a community here. We talk to each other on a daily basis. We interact, and ask each other for help. Our interactions are very "real life", despite the fact that we don't see each others' faces.

We had a member get banned for 4 days for a comment he made, He said something only mildly offensive, but he randomly put (R) (I) (C) (E) (Y) tucked between words... very clever. Rather offensive. Of course, he made another name right away and started attacking me and the mods... "this guy (himself on the other name) was banned, but you didn't ban that guy there... thats not fair." (that member is now permanently banned, btw...)
"that guy" was a guy that said, "I think it looks pretty ricey, but you did a good job with it."
Same offensive word, and honestly, I don't like the way it was stated... but it wasn't an attack. It wasn't ban-worthy.

Show some tact. Show some respect. That's all we ask.
what if they flame you then you flame them back ? is both of them going to get banned?
Accord problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #26
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Yes sir. I don't care to pick sides. Flaming is flaming. I don't care who started it. I ban all involved, and the mods have instructions to do the same.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #27
Accord problems
Contributing Member

Location: THE HIPPIE STATE WHERE EVERY ONE DRIVE A PRIUS... NORTHERN CALIFORNIA *facepalm*
Quote:
Yes sir. I don't care to pick sides. Flaming is flaming. I don't care who started it. I ban all involved, and the mods have instructions to do the same.
ok just makeing sure i under stand the rules. thank you.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #28
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

If someone flames you, and you want to get revenge... PM a mod and get them banned. This isn't 6th grade, where being a tattle-tale is frowned upon. Here, that's considered being responsible. As long as it's within reason (I've had people crying to me about every little thing another member said, and it gets irritating when overdone!)

Old 07-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #29
Accord problems
Contributing Member

Quote:
If someone flames you, and you want to get revenge... PM a mod and get them banned. This isn't 6th grade, where being a tattle-tale is frowned upon. Here, that's considered being responsible. As long as it's within reason (I've had people crying to me about every little thing another member said, and it gets irritating when overdone!)
no none and have not seen any .
Old 10-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #30
speedfr3ak
CB7tuner Member

speedfr3ak Needs to slide down a razorblade into a pool of alcohol, and then be set on fire. speedfr3ak Needs to slide down a razorblade into a pool of alcohol, and then be set on fire. speedfr3ak Needs to slide down a razorblade into a pool of alcohol, and then be set on fire.
flaming is a waste certain mods from this site cough will flame u if u say u condone street racing thats where the sport came from but there always right.we race all the time why build a fast car then ?? track ok it goes there too fri and sat, mon thru fri- some shit has to be handled on the streets ~!!! 1 person will say go h22 alll day because thats all he could pull off dont listen k series is great f20b great c j series great motors AND CAN BE DONE. but its ur car ur life have fun dont be a turd!
i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS
speedfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #31
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Why do you think it is acceptable to constantly insult the staff of this site?

Old 10-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #32
PR CB7
CB7tuner Member

PR CB7 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to PR CB7
but i love mine's medium roasted

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)
PR CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #33
Tippey764
Silver Member

Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to Tippey764 Send a message via MSN to Tippey764
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfr3ak View Post
flaming is a waste certain mods from this site cough will flame u if u say u condone street racing thats where the sport came from but there always right.we race all the time why build a fast car then ?? track ok it goes there too fri and sat, mon thru fri- some shit has to be handled on the streets ~!!! 1 person will say go h22 alll day because thats all he could pull off dont listen k series is great f20b great c j series great motors AND CAN BE DONE. but its ur car ur life have fun dont be a turd!
Jesus christ that was hard to read

Anyways

Nothing has to be handled on the streets, no one is making you race.
Tippey764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #34
nine_deuce
CB7tuner Member

nine_deuce is very helpful nine_deuce is very helpful nine_deuce is very helpful
I agree. I read the first few lines several times, still tough to TRY to decipher what the hell he's talking about.
nine_deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #35
Scolirk
CB7tuner Member

Scolirk is cool... so far.
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person on this forum that isn't 17 years old.. My eyes are bleeding.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #36
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

speedfr3ak is a 26 year old father of two...

Old 10-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #37
Scolirk
CB7tuner Member

I wasn't singling anyone out in particular...
Old 10-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #38
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

I was.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #39
Scolirk
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
I was.
:P

I don't want anyone to think I'm generalizing by the way. I do keep my comments to myself for the most part as the original post points out
Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #40
Bad_dude
CB7tuner Member

Bad_dude seems to have made some friends! Bad_dude seems to have made some friends!
Exclamation

I get flame all the time when asking many questions. I think I am famous for that. I rarely response unless the person is targeting a big general group rather than just me. Majority of the time, I just move on to the next question as the person does not exist. Since the person is flaming, he/she hardly is helpful.
I have to say a few things that really bother me. People that text their posts and not caring to check for spelling mistakes. Some time it's like reading something other than English. And English is my 2nd language.
Another thing that bothers me is when a person ask a question and ask for help and provide no info and expect us to guess what he or she is thinking.
As far as people that searched but could not find anything and I could find it, I don't mind that at all.
What bother me big time is when someone post a question right on top of the same question in that same forum. Dude, I just move on and not answer that.
Bad_dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: