All Good Things Come to an End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Good Things Come to an End

That's right. You might be wondering but it is time to let the beast go.
    Back in November of 2014, I got pulled over by a Sacramento, CA police officer for no real apparent reason. Long story short I was pretty much profiled and was asked to "pop my hood". Luckily the officer didn't tow my car on the spot, because this car was no where near street legal. I was given a modified emissions ticket and ended up paying the ticket off. I didn't put anything back to factory; just paid it off.

If you want to know my back story, I have had this car since 2006. I put it out of commission in Oct 2009 and just recently got it back and running in October of last year. I have (in my eyes) dreamed my car into reality. I got it running again and enjoy driving it every time.

However, the fear of driving it anywhere now and getting stopped by cops stays heavy. In the back of my mind, I am just awaiting the next time I will get pulled over and asked to pop my hood, yet again. I know officers have a listing of previous tickets and records of the driver and vehicle. For me, it would only be a ticking time bomb.

I love my car to death. I put so much of ME in it. Didn't copy anyone's style. I just wanted to build something that I liked. After this ticket was cleared, the passion for this car sort of died on me. And in complete honesty, I hit a brick wall with it. There's not much more I could do with it besides make it faster, which would only get me into trouble (due to the recent ticket).

Emissions is coming in September and I simply just don't want to deal with it any longer. This forum inspired me to love cars. It started here. All I wanted on my first CB sedan was limo tint and chrome wheels... and as stated before, the opposite came of that.

So to all, I will be letting this car go... IN PIECES. Selling it whole would short change me big time. Spread it's soul to all the true enthusiasts. I am just awaiting a confirmation for my new exempt project.

No, I'm not gonna get old and boring on you guys. I still have a strong passion to build... just with a better platform.

Me debating on the 260Z. Photo Credit: Kurobei

I will only say this once. DO NOT PM ME FOR MY PARTS. Items will be posted once the sale is finalized with the 260Z. There is still a chance the seller may back down but right now it is looking promising.

For me, I was 80% purchase 20% holding on to the CB. I can't own 3 cars. I am saving for a house as well. Arriving home to my Accord had me second-thinking, but I know for a fact it must come to an end and this is the best time for it. So torn, but it's only a matter of time.

Thank you all who have inspired me. I have learned so much. The OG's got me started and the newer members who were inspired by my build kept me going.

I will still be around of course. This is and will always be home to me.

jdm_inspired
    Last edited by jdm_inspired; 04-02-2015, 04:01 AM.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Put it somewhere, and let it sit for about a year then drive it again for the first time.

Or better yet, wait two years then drive it. It's a great car and only a few clean examples of them left in the world.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

no chance in selling it whole? such a beautiful specimen, it would be a shame to make it disappear. but I can appreciate spreading the love back to the community, at least you have the family to do that in if it really came to that.

been a long time dude with a lot of memories. shame if you truly decide to peace in pieces, you'll end up wishing you still had it, haha. Nowhere to store it? I guess there is no chance of cali laws changing anytime soon, so there might not be much choice. Glad i don't live there, lol

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Lol, if he sold it, the next guy would be the one getting rich off all his work. It'd be Joey Lee's Accord all over again, getting whored out by one owner after another. No one's going to spend probably $20k on an old, modified Accord - even if you would be getting more for your money than most any showroom 2015 car at the same price. Sad to see you go, all the same. Good luck with the Z!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I'd like to think that a '78 280Z is my next project car as well.

Also, it's a bit ironic to think that California is one place where the car-modifying hobby is the largest. It's so prevalent in the culture out there. At the same time, it's also the place where they're the most strict on their laws and people are constantly in the same situation as the OP.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I always found that odd as well! I suppose it's why so many truly great builds happen in California. You have to do it right, or take care not to get caught breaking the law. Halfassed hoopties don't stay on the road very long!

I'm sorry to see it go. You're one of the real oldschool members! I understand the reasons, though... I have too many cars myself (and I want more than I can keep!)

Comment

Just register it somewhere in AZ and you'll be set! AZ has pretty lax laws when it comes to emissions. I passed my swapped H22 with no problem. I'm a little worried this coming May though, since I've added type s cams, a skunk2 IM and bigger header, 3" intake and my Cat might be iffy at best.

I have a few friends that registered in northern AZ and have no emissions, they do whatever they want with their 240s.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I'm sad to see it go also. At least you went out on top with AOTY! The Z should be a great new project for you. Let me know when the part out happens. Some of your parts can live on with my CB!
                ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Who cares man just lay low put a dashcam in your car and if they asked to search your car just tell them no and do they have a warrant. If they get all out of hand report them to I.A and drive with a dashcam and I bet that shit will stop unless your car is crazy loud or take a different route to avoid the nonsense.

Comment

I'm wondering how the officer would even know if it didn't pass emissions, He couldn't of been that smart? It just sounds like he was being an ass because he doesn't own a nice car of his own. :/
                    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

That car is a sign of your love for it and hard work. If it were me I'd store it or sell it as a whole to someone who would essentially collect it- take care of it as you would but I understand you wouldn't get your full investment back. I just couldn't part out a car like that. Like the guy said above. Register & Insure it in a state that will allow that car to be street legal then can't you be like FUCK THE POLICE as your driving through Cali? LOL.

Comment

If you did that with a CB7 imagine what you can do with a 260z...

Comment

My two cents; store it.

Years from now when you look back and see how you've disassembled a masterpiece, I'm sure you'll be punching yourself in the face.

Put it in a garage on jack stands and start it once a month.
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Beautiful car, man! Shame to see it go...

Maybe the cop was deep undercover, browsing cb7tuner...
                            Originally posted by cb7dazz
                            And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            ...for example

Comment

Why sink a ton of money on the car to not have it be street legal? If you love it so much why not do it now?

Comment

Working...
                              X