Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the first time ever, I'm actually considering selling the Accord.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
    I have had mine for 17 years, so all I can tell you is how I feel about mine.

Right now, I can't find the time to work on it, and I certainly don't have the money. But mine at least runs. I keep thinking maybe I should just dump it, but then every time I drive it, I am glad I didn't. I don't know why, but despite all of the newer "better" cars I have driven, it just still has that old "Hondaness" that I fell in love with and every time I drive it, I find myself being just happy and pleased to be driving it. It is legitimately starting to have that "classic" car feel such as that you would find with an old Datsun or something. It is low, has good visibility, and makes sounds and does things that new cars have been insulated from. It is just relatively engaging to drive, even if it isn't fast by modern standards.

And I know I could never find one that clean ever again. So I am not going to sell it.
    I have a feeling I may feel that way as well. It has always felt like "home". As long as it doesn't feel like it's on the verge of falling apart on me, I'll likely fall back in love with it. I'm not so sure it won't feel like it's falling apart, though.

My car isn't terribly clean. Tweaked front end, rust is returning to the rear quarter panel AGAIN. It's still likely I'll need to replace the door, meaning it'll be hideous until I paint it again (might plastidip it for the time being, just to make it a uniform color if that ends up being the case!)

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
    So the bid for Deeves car �� starts at a whopping 2 dollars! JK LOL. I can't say I've never seen pictures of your cb7.
    There aren't many. Most that have been posted were taken and posted by other people, and their image hosting accounts have long since expired (lost one of my favorite pictures that way.)

Here it is.

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
    deev your car is a 92 correct? 2 more years and you qualify for historic plates in NJ (25 years old). That will cut down your registration fees (think renewal is either every 3 or 5 years) no inspection, and you can get different insurance (threw hagerty or whatever) and your policy will maybe be 200-300 per YEAR. Thats what I did with my 89 crx when I had it. Registered it historic, called up hagerty, and my policy was $158 for the year, and I declared my value on my car for $5000.
    In a year and a half, it'll drop drastically anyway. I just got a lot of crap on my license over the past few years, which is why my insurance is unbearably high.
    I wish I had a garage where I could work on the car in all weather. I'd be more likely to work on it if I didn't feel rushed to get everything back together before the sun sets... or hassled by mosquitoes... or baked by the sun... or stuck in the rain... or bombarded with heavy winds... or sneezing my head off because of my allergies...

Comment

i actually had to search for a members ride thread to refresh my memory on what your car looked like.

on a side note, I barely turned 20 when I started on this site. Now I'm almost 32.

Comment

I'm coming up on 12 yrs with my 93 coupe. Its always been with me through everything. While my friends have had 5 or 6 cars in the yrs I've known them, I've still had my CB.

I've rebuilt 3 others since then and still have my 4th and most recent one that I use as my DD. For now, it just gets enjoyed on weekends and occasionally on a Friday to work.

We just need to gather a group of people once nice spring/summer day and fix everything, then you'll have no reason to get rid of it.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Deev; I've faced this dilemma several times in the past with different cars.

On one hand you can cut your losses, set her free and move on. Be thankful for the memories you had and just accept that you wont get to finish what you started. Its gonna hurt but It'll pass, eventually you will come to terms with it (broken dreams) but at the same time you will have a burden lifted and you can look to the future (and even be more comfortable in the present) and who knows maybe one day you can pick up another CB7 and re-live the glory days.
          Sometimes we need to just move on and be realistic, start a new chapter.

On the other hand... Perhaps you've just lost inspiration and motivation, you know as well as I do that once you get that engine firing and go out for even a short run around the block you'll be in love again, you'll remember why you did it all, you'll remember the feel of the seat, the clunk of the door, all that good stuff. You'll be enthusiastic again.
          If you do decide to take this path I suggest just get her running and driving, even if you have to put stock parts back in, and even a running stocker F22 from somewhere. Get it running for as cheap as you can and then you can fix her up as you go, as you get time and funds to do so, the project wont seem so daunting when the car can be driven.

You can choose either path.
          Its tough, only you can make that choice.
          Either way you go, just roll with it and try not to look back brother.
          Good Luck

Comment

put canadian tags on it. and keep it looking like it moves. thats what Ive done with the subi.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Deev,
              I my self have no money to buy another car. How ever I will take it off your hands if you really want it to go to some one who will take car of it. You know me. My cars do not sit for long unless I have plans that need them to. Anyway you know how I am with cars and my cars. I'd hate to see you get rid of it but that piece of mind with knowing its in a good home and being taking care of is good. I'm not trying to insult you buy not offering money and just saying is take it but its here if you do decide it.

my new turbo build

Comment

I just sucked it up and insured it. Gonna cost me an extra $1100. I'll just pick up some extra work to cover it. Just not very fun when I'm looking at paying out of pocket for school starting this fall!

Comment

Yesssss!!!! Way to go deev!!!!

my new turbo build

Comment

Yesssss!

Now, time to get some local members over there to fix the mechanical issues, then fix the door, then woohoo!
                    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

First I have to figure out how to get it in the driveway! I'm not risking a fuel pump operation in the street...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        First I have to figure out how to get it in the driveway! I'm not risking a fuel pump operation in the street...
                        My offer still stands on my fixing it !!!

my new turbo build

Comment

If I get myself in over my head, Jeremy, I may take you up on it. Now that I'm paying to insure it, I might as well get it operational!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            If I get myself in over my head, Jeremy, I may take you up on it. Now that I'm paying to insure it, I might as well get it operational!

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                            X