• Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome thread almost jdm

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
      here you go

Why was this revised?

I did mine with the original arrozburner diagram and I have no problems..

Comment

so the relay box i assume sits in the D/S door somewhere? or did you run wires and tuck it under the dash? And for the P/S mirror did you have to run wires all the way across the car to it? or is it possible to tap into the P/S wires for a more cleaner look?

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by wagonz View Post
          you cant switch the glass you gotta switch the body of the mirror. the jdm body curves in more so the view sucks but the usdm body is angled perfect. you need to switch out the guts and mirror glass. then youll see out them perfect BAM!!!!!!

hm, that makes perfect sense thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            so the relay box i assume sits in the D/S door somewhere? or did you run wires and tuck it under the dash? And for the P/S mirror did you have to run wires all the way across the car to it? or is it possible to tap into the P/S wires for a more cleaner look?
            i have my relay box inside the driver side door panel, as far as the wires i ran them all the way to the other side under the dash and zipped tied them to other wires. the hard part for me was running them to the passenger door, thats where you have to get creative

Comment

Originally posted by wagonz View Post
              you cant switch the glass you gotta switch the body of the mirror. the jdm body curves in more so the view sucks but the usdm body is angled perfect. you need to switch out the guts and mirror glass. then youll see out them perfect BAM!!!!!!
              didnt work, the motor of the usdm mirror vs the jdm mirror is different, its hard to explain, but comparing them next to each other you can see that the usdm is longer, as far as "the body of the mirror" its the same except as stated above, where you have to make a new hole. anyways thanks for your help

Comment

Everyone should note that this is for coupe. I have found that the number of mirrors made for 90-93 accords goes up from here. The PFM's that I have for sedan, did not have interchangeable guts/housings. The mounting stub locations for the motor inside the housing was different on mine. My objective here was to have the LHD (USDM) mounts with RHD (JDM) power folding option. The driver-side mirror was adjusted to the max and I can still see the whole side of the car covering half the mirror. The passenger-side mirror's adjustment was maxed out as well. I would have to put my head to the passenger seat before I could see the side of the car. Further investigation shows that the mirror actually had an angle specifically for LHD and RHD cars.

I still had to paint the mirror housings, but not the base. From my experience, it appears that the sedan and coupe mounting base is different and there was no need for me to chizzle the little pin.

Top: Sedan JDM power adjust/folding mirror
                Bottom Sedan USDM power adjust mirror

My mounting base was different. I was able to swap my JDM base for my USDM base with no modification to the pin.
                You can kinda see the base in this picture. Just reference the holes and how they differ.

Top: Sedan JDM power adjust/folding mirror
                Bottom Sedan USDM power adjust mirror

I hope this helps some sedan guys. The down side is that you still have to paint the mirror housing, but you can do it with the USDM mounting base. I know there are some guys that were able to swap sedan guts.

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh! I soooo gotta do this when I install my sedan mirrors ..
                  I gotta have Kyle take a look at this thread .. cuz I'm .. when it comes to this shizza

Nice wiring diagram too .. that should come in handy ..
                  Thanks you guys! Fawkin siiick write up!

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                  X