Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

header question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header question

I bought my car as a shell, droppen in a f22 motor from the same year accord, the shell had a full exhaust system but did not include the headers, I have the stock headers from the donor car but they seem a bit short, they do not reach down to the bolts on the drop down pipe that heads to the back of the car, Are after market headers longer than stock? or am I not doing something right here?

Is it possible the car had a h22 swap in it before? The original downpipe should fit f22 but when you do an h22 swap you need to change the downpipe to the one from the 'lude. Maybe this is what your running into?

Comment

i have thought about that, but im new to handas and was not sure, if that is the case, would I need a full exhaust or just the drop down?

Comment

I would take some measurements of the downpipe you have, go to your local salvage yard and compare it to one there, if it seems like thats going to work go ahead and take it home with you

Comment

Buying a complete header and downpipe would be much easier than trying to measure, mix and match something from the junk yard. Just saying!

Ebay has lots of cheaply made Chinese SS headers for your car. They come with the upper and lower and are usually cheaper than what you would get a used OEM manifold for from a junk yard.

If you want something a bit more robust there are some brand name headers that are in the $300-$450 range that also come complete with the primaries and down tube all in one.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

that would be great exept i could not live with myself if I bought headers that cost more than what the car cost me lol....Im just trying to get this thing running so I can ride it to work, my daily commute is about 60 miles round trip and my jeep jk on 4" lift and 37" tires isnt the best gas saver

Comment

Just so you know, your car only has one header. Saying "headers" looks silly.

Comment

ok, I wont call headers headers anymore, I would hate to look silly by calling the headers on my car headers, no sir not me, I will not call the headers headers any longer, those damn headers...sorry dude all in good fun

Comment

Ahh I got it now

Originally posted by Obiesayskcco View Post
                  ok, I wont call headers headers anymore, I would hate to look silly by calling the headers on my car headers, no sir not me, I will not call the headers headers any longer, those damn headers...sorry dude all in good fun

Live Life to the Fullest

Comment

Just saying... better to hear it now than later on. "headers", "vtech", and a handful of other things will pretty much get you laughed at, rather than the help you're looking for.

To answer your question more thoroughly: Aftermarket headers vary from brand to brand. Aftermarket upper or lower halves may or may not match up with the other from another brand.
                    The stock manifolds are different on each of the 3 F22A engines. You can use the manifold from any of them on any F22A, but you will need the matching upper and lower halves.
                    Assuming you are in the US:
                    90-93 DX/LX - F22A1
                    90-91 EX - F22A4
                    90-91 SE - F22A6
                    92-93 EX and SE - F22A6
                    93 10th Anniversary Edition - F22A1

Comment

i had the same problem.

i ended up just replacing the header & the downpipe to make the job
                      a whole lot easier. i searched all over online & found a reasonable priced
                      header for 70$ for 90-93 honda accord, that comes with a manufactures warranty.
                      so if i DIDN'T like it i could return it no problems asked.
                      once it arrived at my house i checked everything like the bends & the weld marks to make sure that it was built correctly. it came in a big box.
                      inside it contained:

1. header
                      1. downpipe
                      3. gaskets.
                      & a couple of bolts.

installation was a breeze.
                      i just made sure to put high heat Silecone on the gaskets
                      to prevent exhaust leaks.
                      ive had it installed for a bout a year now
                      & im having absolutely no problems with it.

here is the site i found. take a look

http://www.aptuned.com/HDS-HA90

Comment

Save the headache and get a complete unit and just justify it as a upgrade
                        WWW.JDMCONCEPTS.COM
                        Keep .It. Simple. Stupid =K.I.S.S

Comment

Originally posted by existlosangeles View Post
                          i had the same problem.

i ended up just replacing the header & the downpipe to make the job
                          a whole lot easier. i searched all over online & found a reasonable priced
                          header for 70$ for 90-93 honda accord, that comes with a manufactures warranty.
                          so if i DIDN'T like it i could return it no problems asked.
                          once it arrived at my house i checked everything like the bends & the weld marks to make sure that it was built correctly. it came in a big box.
                          inside it contained:

1. header
                          1. downpipe
                          3. gaskets.
                          & a couple of bolts.

installation was a breeze.
                          i just made sure to put high heat Silecone on the gaskets
                          to prevent exhaust leaks.
                          ive had it installed for a bout a year now
                          & im having absolutely no problems with it.

here is the site i found. take a look

http://www.aptuned.com/HDS-HA90
                          $70 for that much metal, I would be wary... These cheap eBay kits and the like can't be very good quality.

Comment

OP, are you sure it's not just missing the catalytic converter? That could make up some distance.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah I saw the $ 70 header on ebay and it puzzled me as well, I have seen some china headers for different makes that are actually really good but $70 really confused me I almost want to buy one and dyno it just for sh*ts and giggles
                              WWW.JDMCONCEPTS.COM
                              Keep .It. Simple. Stupid =K.I.S.S

Comment

Working...
                              X