shakes when cruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shakes when cruising

When I'm on the freeway I drive at 65-75 mph. When I'm gettin to 60 mph my car starts to shake. The shaking stops when I hit the gas some more to hit 70mph. Anyone know what's the problem to that. Oh and it shakes a lil bit to me it seems like it can be the motor mounts aren't good no more. I'm not sure any help is greatly appreciated thanx

Originally posted by LOS ANGELES HxC View Post
    When I'm on the freeway I drive at 65-75 mph. When I'm gettin to 60 mph my car starts to shake. The shaking stops when I hit the gas some more to hit 70mph. Anyone know what's the problem to that. Oh and it shakes a lil bit to me it seems like it can be the motor mounts aren't good no more. I'm not sure any help is greatly appreciated thanx
    could be alighment or a bad tire , tire wight for balanceing the tire . can be motor mounts...front and rear...
    stuff i found on the net..........

check the front by opening the engine and checking that mount inside, if u see no rubber on the walls then that one sucks .I would start by looking at eithere the strut or strut mounts and or the shock and shock mounts for looseness or cracks. also make sure your tires are not over inflated this would cause the shock of the ruts to be amplified to the frame.On the axles they can have a cracked halfshaft which causes strong vibrations while driving and sometimes will shake really bad or not depends how they feel.

google gave me this search and you shell finde the answer .
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

When I'm on the freeway I drive at 65-75 mph. When I'm gettin to 60 mph my car starts to shake. The shaking stops when I hit the gas some more to hit 70mph.
      Sounds like an unbalanced wheel.

Oh and it shakes a lil bit to me it seems like it can be the motor mounts aren't good no more. I'm not sure any help is greatly appreciated thanx
      That's kind of a vague description. Can you describe the shaking? When do you notice it?

Get a flashlight and a mirror and visually inspect all four of the motor mounts. If they're busted, you'll see it.

Comment

Working...
      X