Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need help on my build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on my build

I got a h23a1 block thats been machined and rebuilt with oe parts. I have an h22 p13 head that im waiting to be done at the machine shop. Now Im asking that the head/block are new, what about my injectors and fuel system? Would it be good to go aftermarket or stay with oe? Also how about my intake manifold? I have stock should i get something "better" with a tb?? Im not trying to achieve high amounts of hp/tq but I do need it to be reliable!! Thanks guys!!

Are you using a stock ECU or something with tuning capabilities?

Is the head being built stock or upgraded valve train?

Stock H22 injectors would be more than enough for a basic bolt-on H23/H22 build with a P13 ECU. Unless you are planning on increasing compression or using larger camshafts, then you would require a tunable EMS and upgraded injectors could be beneficial.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Forgot to mention

Its a chipped/tuned p28 by ericks racing and im going stock valvtrain for now until I get this other block inspected by another shop to see if it can handle boost along with a quick hit of n.o. But for this block were talking about pertains to oe spec.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        Stock H22 injectors would be more than enough for a basic bolt-on H23/H22 build with a P13 ECU.
        Good advice. If you are using used injectors, you probably should have them cleaned and balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by H22/23cb7 View Post
          Its a chipped/tuned p28 by ericks racing and im going stock valvtrain for now until I get this other block inspected by another shop to see if it can handle boost along with a quick hit of n.o. But for this block were talking about pertains to oe spec.
          Not sure that I would trust an ECU that was tuned for an engine that hasn't even been built. Might be OK for a basemap but I would suggest having it tuned. With an OE spec build, OE injectors will do. when you go to add boost or NO2 then you can see what flow injectors will be required at the time based on the power output.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            Not sure that I would trust an ECU that was tuned for an engine that hasn't even been built. Might be OK for a basemap but I would suggest having it tuned. With an OE spec build, OE injectors will do. when you go to add boost or NO2 then you can see what flow injectors will be required at the time based on the power output.
            I havent thought about having it tuned on a dyno. I will look into this!! Also if I pick up a p13 ecu will I have to do any modifying to my harness cuz I have my current ecu hard wired for vtec.

Comment

help with oil squirters

Im curious now of installing the oil squirters from the h22 to my h23a1 block. Do I just find a block that has them, remove them, install them to my block, if so, where do they go? Are they already tapped in the h23a1??

Comment

The H23A1 should already have oil squirters installed. if not, yes you can find a used setup and instal it. I bought one a few months back for $30 off eBay.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Neither the H23A1 or the H23A VTEC use them. I'd say that it was because of the higher-revving nature of the H22A that cooling the pistons became more important, but the F20B doesn't use them either. So, who knows.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    Neither the H23A1 or the H23A VTEC use them. I'd say that it was because of the higher-revving nature of the H22A that cooling the pistons became more important, but the F20B doesn't use them either. So, who knows.
                    That much I do know but my question is are there loctions in the main/crank area have pretapped holes ready ffor the oil squirters from the h22 to be bolted to the h23a1?

Comment

Sorry kind of had a brain fart there. The oil squirters on the H23A1 are located in the connecting rods just like the F22B1/B2. As they share the exact same crank and rods.

H23 and F22B1/2 use crank 13310-P0A-000 and rods 13210-PT3-A00. and if you look closely at the image below you can see the small oil port on the shoulder of the connecting rod.

This small hole lines corresponding with a hole in the bearing and at XX degrees of crank rotation it aligns with the oil port in the crank journal, in turn this squirts oil up into the bottom of the piston.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Got it but how would the h22 oil squirters be applied to this block?

Comment

Here's where im at on my build. All I think im missing is a new oil cooler, distributor cap & rotor, water hoses, spark plugs & wires, bolts for valve cover, and bolts for the water inlet housing on the front of the motor. Any suggestions on what else I would need would help. Thanks!!![IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Looks good, what head gasket how did you get it to line up with the Vtec head? Another thing I noticed is ppl get the manual tensioners for the H22, is that really necessary?
                              “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                              ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Working...
                              X