• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

march aom?

We not doing aoms anymore?
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Nobody has really been nominating people lately. I don't think anyone cares anymore.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

we need some activity in way of new mods from everyone, or at least people making the effort to do mods and show their results... that's how we'll boost activity. there's plenty of things to do in the DIY section, as long as you sift through and see what mods you like and then change it up i wouldn't know how else to build a community other than have an active community that's interested in trying out what other people have done, and is willing to accept newbie questions rather than turn em away.
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Definitely need motivated people and new moderators. Its the only way to bring this site up alive. Maybe renovate the forum with a new theme /more alive theme. Definitely needs sponsors from performance websites which in return will offer discounts to members and even new parts to increase the quality of our vehicle.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Well theres 4 wags and a bunch of other cbs that should be up here. So Im nomanating people if we keep this going. Well atleast one a month. Ill even push cali to get in on it....ive noticed the drop off but i think we can bring it back to its former glory....

Comment

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
            Definitely need motivated people and new moderators. Its the only way to bring this site up alive. Maybe renovate the forum with a new theme /more alive theme. Definitely needs sponsors from performance websites which in return will offer discounts to members and even new parts to increase the quality of our vehicle.
            I Think he meant new car mods not moderators?

steve

Comment

I for one haven't nominated anyone. Ever. Sorry. I do vote on occasion when I can get in before the polls close. Ill try to do better. I think having an AOM keeps members active, doing mods to their cars and posting about it in hopes to one day be nominated. If you stop opening an AOM thread each month, I think that will continue to drive down the traffic on the site. Maybe a little less restriction on the AOM requirement. Like the 50 post count rule, if they have enough posts to get into the members section, then let them nominate. What about having a separate "top newby member's ride". ? What about the prizes, how long has it been since anyone got a prize for AOM? I know its all about money, but a sticker even. CB7Tuner AOM. Only suggestions.

Comment

The AoM Cycle for March will proceed at midnight. I am the only moderator "responsible" for this evolution and just like other members of the Staff, we get busy with our real world lives.

I'm honestly surprised at your displeasure, the participation has been lackluster in the past few months. Hopefully this motivation stays around all year.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                  The AoM Cycle for March will proceed at midnight. I am the only moderator "responsible" for this evolution and just like other members of the Staff, we get busy with our real world lives.

I'm honestly surprised at your displeasure, the participation has been lackluster in the past few months. Hopefully this motivation stays around all year.
                  i completely understand! Sweet i look foward to it!

Comment

yall need to realize, its the car world.

it always fall off come winter. summer hits and bam, back into it.
                    MadLab Racing
                    Southern Maryland

Comment

i always like seeing who gets nominated and see their mods i always enjoy it other members hard work...

p/s Im in for a sweet AoM sticker that would be awesome show of that you were AOM
                      Last edited by pupildel; 03-15-2014, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Im in for a sweet AoM sticker. That would be at least something to shoot for.

As far as the working on the community, no offense at all (and I mean NO OFFENSE so please dont ban me for this), but I feel as though the guidelines and rules are a bit strict. I feel like whenever somebody even questions Deev, theyre banned. Now I had a bumpy start with this forum myself. I felt like it was just much more strict than any other forum and it made me feel unwelcome. I joined stanceworks at the same time and I was/am far more active on that site only because i was unrestricted from the time I joined. I think it really scares people away when you have to enter passwords and have post count just to access the entire forum.

A leniant site that allows full access instantly is fully capable of functioning properly. The reason I say that is because i was told that these rules were set in place were strictly to keep it running smoothly. If anything, they impeded it in my opinion.

I just find it really irritating when I go to update a thread only to find out that it was deleted by a mod. That kinda stuff just makes a guy wanna delete his profile. I understand that they were pretty much the same thread but they were in two completely different areas. More people look in the beginners section because not everbody can post in the MRT yet. I know when I was stuck in that section, all I did was surf the beginners threads.

I love this website. The other supporting members are awesome. And thats what keeps me coming back. I love to share my work with other people and enjoy seeing other's work alike. Its just pretty sad that I have to say "no offense" a bunch of times just so I dont piss somebody off and get banned.

Thats just my .02
                        Last edited by High5er; 03-13-2014, 03:56 PM.
                        Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                        The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Joey, if you ever find yourself too busy to do it, let me know. I haven't been all that busy lately, and a few of the other mods are still active every day. We can cover for you.
                          I know it can be a pain to keep up with it when things get crazy... there's a reason I have you doing it, rather than trying to keep up with it myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post

Joey has said it perfectly.
                            Don't complain if there is no AOM.
                            AOM is great and brings motivation to all members.
                            Lately as multiple members have stated above, members aren't nominating other members.

It is simple as this:
                            Nominate other members in order for AOM to function.
                            Current:
                            2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                            1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                            1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Working...
                            X