Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Boy's Beginnings 91-Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my program didn't let us do that. we were under a time constraint i would have liked it much better to be able to go at my own pace.
    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerFrenzy View Post
      Riiiight. I'll just have to assume your not jerking me around and meant that wholly [which I doubt] haha, but its all good.
      Nope, I meant it. There might be a teency bit of exaggeration there, but I don't rip on people like that - especially those I don't know (sorry!).

You got it made, my auto tech program followed a pretty tight curriculum as well and there wasn't much time at all to re-try procedures until you were comfortable. I got the gist of things in school, and feel I actually got more out of working on my Accord in the time since. My grades were great, but I'd love to do it all over again anyway... just paid off one of my loans though, and having money again is so nice

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Welcome, now turn that boy into a man!

Comment

Update [ 3- 2- 12 ]

Originally posted by Juicebox00 View Post
          Welcome, now turn that boy into a man!
          Haha, I totally should.

Well I haven't been around since the site went down, but I'm so glad its back up as I've been wanting to update what's been done. I'll probably just put it on the first post later, but figured I had time to kill in between classes. I finally got him registered [to me ~] and smogged - which for the life of me, was really hellish in California [you know sh_tty smog laws] perhaps its just the area I live in that wanted to rip me off.

I had him diagnosed a couple of times with pre-test [for free, phew~] and it was always red line - burning rich, being dirty, etc. So when I finally got him down to the shop I was able to have him lifted and saw I had rust on the tailpipe. I didn't screw around and just had a new converter / piping welded on. Replaced the EGR valve, did a tune-up and changed out the spark plugs - then got the okay that he passed.

Didn't have too many problems after that, though a few are minor that I need to look into when I have more money. There mostly electrical and that's something I'd rather have someone else look at than to trust my own judgment. lol.

Recently I got a really bad oil leak and the first time it was the oil pressure switch [ I had been meaning to thank someone on this site but when I came back to do so it was down ] now I can't remember who it was but the suggestion proved right. So I lifted up the car, replaced it with a new one and everything was beautiful...

Until I got the oil light again and thought, wtf did I do lol. So then I came into some monnie and decided to get a timing belt change and since I had talked to a few mechanics, I figured that when they'd do that I'd just buy the water pump, oil pump and have that all changed since he sat for a good 3 years and was reaching 170k miles. I also replaced the oil pan since I'm a student now I dont have time to do an oil change and my apartment manager gets sorta mad when I work on my car lol maybe he's sexist?

A month went by and things were great... UNTIL I saw the oil light again and then it crossed my mind that maybe something important is leaking or perhaps a job wasn't done right. My fault / mechanic, Idk. Didn't guess it - so I took it to a shop to have it looked at thinking it was my oil pressure switch and they said that the gasket on the oil pan never sealed right. They had used a silicone and such. Wanted to charge 135 $ to do the job, I took him home and have him sitting.

I had a recent fight with my aunt so I can't borrow my uncles tools but I'm thinking about just changing the gasket, all the parts are still under warranty so I'm not really sweating any loss. I wasn't charged too much labor so that's water on the bridge, I just want this leeeak fixed. I'm thinking later today I'll get under there [when the apt manager leaves] and clean him up. I might make a video. I get so encouraged when I see everyone else put up videos / etc. So here's hoping its just that.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerFrenzy View Post
            Haha, I totally should.

Well I haven't been around since the site went down, but I'm so glad its back up as I've been wanting to update what's been done. I'll probably just put it on the first post later, but figured I had time to kill in between classes. I finally got him registered [to me ~] and smogged - which for the life of me, was really hellish in California [you know sh_tty smog laws] perhaps its just the area I live in that wanted to rip me off.

I had him diagnosed a couple of times with pre-test [for free, phew~] and it was always red line - burning rich, being dirty, etc. So when I finally got him down to the shop I was able to have him lifted and saw I had rust on the tailpipe. I didn't screw around and just had a new converter / piping welded on. Replaced the EGR valve, did a tune-up and changed out the spark plugs - then got the okay that he passed.

Didn't have too many problems after that, though a few are minor that I need to look into when I have more money. There mostly electrical and that's something I'd rather have someone else look at than to trust my own judgment. lol.

Recently I got a really bad oil leak and the first time it was the oil pressure switch [ I had been meaning to thank someone on this site but when I came back to do so it was down ] now I can't remember who it was but the suggestion proved right. So I lifted up the car, replaced it with a new one and everything was beautiful...

Until I got the oil light again and thought, wtf did I do lol. So then I came into some monnie and decided to get a timing belt change and since I had talked to a few mechanics, I figured that when they'd do that I'd just buy the water pump, oil pump and have that all changed since he sat for a good 3 years and was reaching 170k miles. I also replaced the oil pan since I'm a student now I dont have time to do an oil change and my apartment manager gets sorta mad when I work on my car lol maybe he's sexist?

A month went by and things were great... UNTIL I saw the oil light again and then it crossed my mind that maybe something important is leaking or perhaps a job wasn't done right. My fault / mechanic, Idk. Didn't guess it - so I took it to a shop to have it looked at thinking it was my oil pressure switch and they said that the gasket on the oil pan never sealed right. They had used a silicone and such. Wanted to charge 135 $ to do the job, I took him home and have him sitting.

I had a recent fight with my aunt so I can't borrow my uncles tools but I'm thinking about just changing the gasket, all the parts are still under warranty so I'm not really sweating any loss. I wasn't charged too much labor so that's water on the bridge, I just want this leeeak fixed. I'm thinking later today I'll get under there [when the apt manager leaves] and clean him up. I might make a video. I get so encouraged when I see everyone else put up videos / etc. So here's hoping its just that.
            Tell who ever did your oil pan that you want your money back. You don't use the silicone gasket to do it. You have to buy a real oil pan gasket or it will leak. You might want to consider replacing the O2 sensor. It's only $29 from Rock Auto. Buy the Denso one. My car used to take a quarter tank to go just 30 miles. Now it's on 60 miles and almost reaching a quarter tank. Check your base timing and ignition timing to save some gas. Torque those valve to specs. Clean out the EGR ports. Clean the IACV and FITV. Easy stuffs but great maintenance. Which part of SoCal do you live in?

Comment

she is in san bernardino
              MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Welcome nice ride.
                Jay
                HondaLina
                91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by remix405 View Post
                  she is in san bernardino
                  A bit far out from Fullerton but not too far. My apt manager and I are cool. She never said any thing about me fixing my car b/c neighbors always come by to see what am I doing today. About 90% of all the cars around here are dripping oil. Some are really bad. My 2 cars are the only old ones that don't drip a drop, except the WD-40 small puddles that are waiting for the rain to wash away.

Comment

you should relate that xbox controller into this thread. INSTALL THE XBOX INTO YOUR CB7! hahaha...

Comment

Working...
                    X