Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

headlight and taillight tinting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used 3 coats of night shades on my tails and they are still very visible. However too be extra safe i'm going to upgrade all the rear lights to LED. If you darken the lens i would brighten the light. That's just my .02 haha.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jarrett;2940179]In addition to your vehicle's lights serving to allow you to see better, they also allow you to be seen by others. Tinting them is blatantly making yourself less visible. Less visible means less safe. This seems to be a recurring thing with car trends these days. They're all centered around making vehicles unsafe.[/QUOTE i gotta ask, this is like the 3rd time ive seen you get real safety oriented when someone talks bout messing with their tailights or headlights, not that its a bad thing at all, just wondering what happened to you to make it more of an issue for you. maybe a lifechanging thing that could teach us a lesson?

BTW^hes right.

Comment

I ride a motorcycle. A highly-modified GSX-R 750. I've been wrecked three times by no fault of my own. Even if I hadn't been wrecked by others' stupidity or absent-mindedness I still understand the risk I put myself in just by choosing to ride.

Also, I'm mature. I don't care what people think about me and "looking dope" is never a concern that enters into my mind. I am also not selfish and consider others as often as I can before acting. I ALWAYS use turn signals, I ALWAYS open doors for people, and I ALWAYS say "yes ma'am" and "yes sir" in conversation with strangers or authority figures. It's just basic courtesy. Nothing had to happen in my life for me to be this way.

So when I'm considering a modification on my car and I find that it will negatively affect other drivers on the road, I reassess. When I look at someone's car that has tinted or blacked out tail lights I don't think to myself, "Wan, that looks good but it's too bad it's not safe". I think, "Wow, that person must have no regard for others on the road that have to drive around him. But he thinks he looks cool."
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          I ride a motorcycle. A highly-modified GSX-R 750. I've been wrecked three times by no fault of my own. Even if I hadn't been wrecked by others' stupidity or absent-mindedness I still understand the risk I put myself in just by choosing to ride.

Also, I'm mature. I don't care what people think about me and "looking dope" is never a concern that enters into my mind. I am also not selfish and consider others as often as I can before acting. I ALWAYS use turn signals, I ALWAYS open doors for people, and I ALWAYS say "yes ma'am" and "yes sir" in conversation with strangers or authority figures. It's just basic courtesy. Nothing had to happen in my life for me to be this way.

So when I'm considering a modification on my car and I find that it will negatively affect other drivers on the road, I reassess. When I look at someone's car that has tinted or blacked out tail lights I don't think to myself, "Wan, that looks good but it's too bad it's not safe". I think, "Wow, that person must have no regard for others on the road that have to drive around him. But he thinks he looks cool."
          i can second that, i mean, ive always looked at it this way. why create another way to cause a possible death, theyre to many other ways for it to happen why actually create another you can prevent. any of the cars ive owned whos tailights iv tinted has only ever had a real light coating. like if you ever seen factory tinted tailights on a vw or others dark.

Comment

I have a 4th gen prelude also and I tinted its two main taillights with I think 3 coats of that night shade stuff. But I took into consideration that my prelude has 4 brake lights. 2 main ones, one in the back window and one on the wing. If you do it, don't get out of hand with it.

Comment

in my experience the spray on tint isnt very easy to use unless you want to go completely black (which i dont recomend) i know someone who got some a little sheet of tint off ebay.

they were a nice darkish red

Comment

I used the VHT Nite Shades. and to make it look good you have to clean and sand them real good. And i put a clearcoat on afterwards. They look good , and are visible. I also did my front turn signals, which i really like, it looks like they dont exist.

Comment

Working...
                X