Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cruise Control "Set" Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Control "Set" Delay

Say i'm doing 80, and want to put my cruise control on..
    I hit Set, take my foot off the pedal..
    And i drop around 5-15km/h before the car realises it is slowing down.. And speeds back up.

The delay is annoying, but it always leaves me 3-7km/h short of what i wanted..

Is there any reason behind this?
    Could it be with the vacuum or somthing else?

Also, i really want to keep the feature..
    Built & Boosted.

I have the same problem on mine, it gets annoying especially if you use it constantly.

it might be the cruise control relay/box.

Originally posted by visualpoet
    some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

I'd check/replace any vacuum lines for the cruise control, my cruise control used to do that too, after I did my hybrid intake swap (a6 runners / h23 plenum), the cruise control no longer does it, and the only thing I can think of that was changed is that the some of my vacuum lines were replaced during the swap to accommodate the different nipple locations on the plenum.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I'll check those first.. Thanks
        Built & Boosted.

Comment

Psh... Cruise control. You guys... come on! A brick on the gas pedal is all you need. No more "Oh, I think I'm going to stay going 58mph, in a 55mph zone to stay safe" (or 80mph, in a 55mph zone for that matter).

People, you must understand. Why do we still have these ancient cars? To build them up to go FAST. And what do you have to do to go fast? Pedal to the metal.

So, for my cruise control, I have an extendable paint pole (Lowe's, or Home Depot for 15 bucks or so), jam it up against the pedal, and extend it so it's flush against the seat when you're going at a blazing (some restrictions may apply) speed. To be able to choose the speed YOU want to go (i.e. : Not fast enough), you have two options. Retract the pole a lil' (I don't recommend this, for it makes your car sound weak (who wants a weak car?). Or, you can shift down (which is what I suggest). We all love our high revving engines, don't we?

Thought so.

Anyway, that's the only logical possibility for fixing your cruise control problem. Sure, it's a little more labour intensive, but when done right, all your friends will be jealous.

Comment

Definantly a neat idea, but all the same.. Those 2 buttons seem easier.
            I don't think the Cruise Control unit in the engine bay is much of a dead weight either, haha
            Built & Boosted.

Comment

Cruise control wastes gas..

It takes it's foot off the gas going downhill and then floors the gas pedal to go up the next hill.

Duhh

Comment

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
                Cruise control wastes gas..

It takes it's foot off the gas going downhill and then floors the gas pedal to go up the next hill.

Duhh
                That's true, but if you go on an 8hr trip.. You'd rather be able to walk when you get out of the car lol
                Built & Boosted.

Comment

WOW some interesting ideas on a cruise control
                  anyhow, the cruise control is good thing to have, mine does the same thing the way i mastered it is to hit set and hit RESUME until you feel the car takes the pedal from you, you get used to it and it keeps the same speed you wanna follow
                  by the way, our/my accord has probably one of the best cruise controls i have ever used, i can get back to 70-75mph from 40 and the car moves only in forth gear, no rediculas redlining from the crise control, i like it

Comment

Think about the vacuum lines, they are made of rubber, and rubber doesn't last forever. When vacuum lines get old and the rubber loses rigidy, when a vacuum is applied; the hoses collapse some, which is most likely the reason why most of us have the delay in our cruise control.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by L_U_D_I_AAccord View Post
                      WOW some interesting ideas on a cruise control
                      anyhow, the cruise control is good thing to have, mine does the same thing the way i mastered it is to hit set and hit RESUME until you feel the car takes the pedal from you, you get used to it and it keeps the same speed you wanna follow
                      by the way, our/my accord has probably one of the best cruise controls i have ever used, i can get back to 70-75mph from 40 and the car moves only in forth gear, no rediculas redlining from the crise control, i like it
                      thats what i do
                      SwaggerJacker

Comment

my cruise control doesnt work but i figured wtf ill try it today while i was on the freeway and bam it worked couldnt use it long tho, people out here love to drive slow in the fast lane slow drivers suck!!
                        SwaggerJacker

Comment

I'm with you on this. My cruise worked great until this year, and now it's sprung a leak. I should fix it. The delay is a few minutes, but it does kick in and work fine after that.

Mainly I compensate by setting it to a higher speed for a longer time. What number could be easier for the unit to remember than a nice, even 100 for a solid hour plus? (Colorado is nice but I-76 is not so scenic.) Oh, and keeping my foot on the gas until it "takes over."

Comment

Working...
                          X