No announcement yet.

k series swapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind that a K sits VERY low. Ground clearance becomes an issue, especially if you want to be lowered. A few of the k-swapped people I know no longer like to drive their cars daily because of it.
    For that reason, I will never consider a K swap.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Keep in mind that a K sits VERY low. Ground clearance becomes an issue, especially if you want to be lowered. A few of the k-swapped people I know no longer like to drive their cars daily because of it.
      For that reason, I will never consider a K swap.
      I wonder if a smaller oil pan and shorter pickup tube could be fabricated to fix that issue?
      For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

It's possible. I've only seen a handful of them in my life, and none that I could look closely at, so I don't know exactly how low it sits in comparison to the F or H.

Comment

Damn the motor sits very low in that chassis. I know one wrong scrape and its over I'd rather keep the h and work on that. Unless the get better mounts to position the car to come up more clearing the hood.

I mean if they can do that with the civic why not the h no wonder why in the 8thgen civic it sits so close up to the firewall just to clear the floor.

Comment

Bringing the engine up would likely put the axles at a bad angle.

Comment

PS im back LMFAO. I don't daily my CBK but I do drive it on the weekend when I can and Its not that bad at stock height on 16's. I do want to go lower but like Mike stated it is difficult and I am nervous. I will be upgrading to 17's and a steel oil pan which should do the trick. I can not bring the engine up anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X