Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Bumper

Hey guys I was wondering if the the front bumper from a 92 or 93 will fit the same on a 91 ex model? I want to swap them as I have the fog lights off a 92 accord.[IMG][/IMG]

Originally posted by oaxaco1985 View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering if the the front bumper from a 92 or 93 will fit the same on a 91 ex model? I want to swap them as I have the fog lights off a 92 accord.[IMG][/IMG]
    Yes the bumper will fit just fine however it would be best to do a full 92-93 front conversion. (92-93 headlights and grille included.

The 92-93 bumper has a tiny lip where the grille sits. You can still utilize a 90-91 grille however you will often times find the front grille "tucking" itself behind the lip unless you adjust your headlights to sit a little more forward to adjust for this.

If u just change out the grille, then the headlights will be off a little because the 90-91s go |--h--| while the 92-93 is more like \--H--/ and it will leave a gap.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
    1994 Prelude V-Tec
    1999 CL 3.0
    2000 Prelude
    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

ok so I need to change everything now I can get a price for the hole front end at the yunk yard thanks

Comment

I've given you a more descriptive title and moved this to its correct section. This is information that would have easily been found with even a minimal effort search.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by oaxaco1985 View Post
          ok so I need to change everything now I can get a price for the hole front end at the yunk yard thanks
          You don't need to change out the headlights and grille but if you want everything to fit "flush" then it's recommended you should change those out too.

If oem foglights are the only thing you want to put on your car, you could try selling them on e-bay and get the 90-91s that would fit your bumper already to save you the hassle of paint etc. A The 92-93's seem to be the ones that go for the most coin on e-bay and this forum. I've seen a set of 90-91s go for $150 just recently. You could probably make $200ish for some USDM's and then use the spare change for some other mods.

You could also see if someone local would trade you.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
          1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude
          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

I've done this swap. And everyone says you don't need to change anything. That didn't make sense when I tried to put the 92-93 bumper cover on my 90-91 bumper support. They did not fit together, so I had to go to a junkyard to pick up the right part. I even compared the two bumper supports after I bought it, they are different and will cause fitment issues for the bumper cover itself.

I HAD to change out the bumper support. The 90-91 bumper support is taller than the 92-93 and therefore, the 92-93 bumper cover does not fit on the 90-91 bumper support. At least, this is what I HAD to do to get the bumper to fit. I didn't change the headlights, grill, or corner lights and you can notice the gaps, but it isn't terrible. I could post pics if you need...

PS. Don't tell me I am wrong. I have done this swap. I know what it needs in order to be done and what it takes to have it fit perfectly.

(maybe it could just be my car, but the same thing happened when I was test fitting bumper covers in the junkyard. I test fitted a 92-93 bumper cover on 3 different 90-91 bumper supports, they don't work. Only 92-93 bumper supports worked).
            Last edited by oni_cb7; 03-20-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
              I've done this swap. And everyone says you don't need to change anything. That didn't make sense when I tried to put the 92-93 bumper cover on my 90-91 bumper support. They did not fit together, so I had to go to a junkyard to pick up the right part. I even compared the two bumper supports after I bought it, they are different and will cause fitment issues for the bumper support itself.

I HAD to change out the bumper support. The 90-91 bumper support is taller than the 92-93 and therefore, the 92-93 bumper cover does not fit on the 90-91 bumper support. At least, this is what I HAD to do to get the bumper to fit. I didn't change the headlights, grill, or corner lights and you can notice the gaps, but it isn't terrible. I could post pics if you need...

PS. Don't tell me I am wrong. I have done this swap. I know what it needs in order to be done and what it takes to have it fit perfectly.

(maybe it could just be my car, but the same thing happened when I was test fitting bumper covers in the junkyard. I test fitted a 92-93 bumper cover on 3 different 90-91 bumper supports, they don't work. Only 92-93 bumper supports worked).
              Maybe because you were just swapping the cover? Most people consider the cover and the support as a whole 'the bumper'. In that case you wouldnt need to change anything since the support attaches to the car in the same manner for both styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1992 View Post
                Maybe because you were just swapping the cover? Most people consider the cover and the support as a whole 'the bumper'. In that case you wouldnt need to change anything since the support attaches to the car in the same manner for both styles.
                I've seen many people run into trouble because of the statement, "you don't need to change anything". Some people refer to the bumper cover as the bumper or the bumper support as the bumper. I've seen it meant in many ways. I was simply clarifying that yes, there is more than just the bumper cover ,as some people may think that is what the bumper is, that needs to be replaced. Just being thorough and descriptive enough that everyone can understand.

Comment

thanks guys, now I need to get the cash to buy the hole bumper with supports
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

You really don't need to post a big obnoxious picture of your car in every post. We know what a CB7 looks like, and it's not necessary for us to see yours to help with your lazy question.

oni_cb7, thank you for providing useful information.

Comment

Working...
                    X