Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hows is this port n polish job?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hows is this port n polish job?

my buddy thats helping me with the swap does motor work all the time, swaps motors for any vehicle too. pretty smart guy. heres his pnp job on my jdm h22a, tell me what you think. i can get more pics too if you'd like.
    all i have for the moment is the exhaust side.

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

lol. got a funny idea. put your dick in there and if it doesnt hurt then its ok

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
      lol. got a funny idea. put your dick in there and if it doesnt hurt then its ok
      LMFAO!! yea.....its polished pretty well, i think. he took off alot, matched it to the header.

Comment

Rofl. so its flush with the header?

Comment

Rofl. so its flush with the header?
          yes.

Comment

nice. what header you running?

Comment

there's still carbon on the valves.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by cleanjdm View Post
                i think. he took off alot
                #1 mistake by rookie "head porters". Not much material is needed to be taken off, especially towards the end of the exhaust port. Most of the porting and material removing is done at the throat and bowl, which couldn't possibly be touched with the valve still in place.

Don't ever let your friend touch another cylinder head again. Not only does it look like he fucked up the port shape, but I'm sure he hogged it out making it nearly useless. You're going to lose quite a bit of exhaust velocity right at the head. That's no good.

The polishing isn't really needed either.

FWIW, you need the exhaust ports to be smaller than the gasket/header entrance. Look up reversion.
                Last edited by d112crzy; 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM. Reason: Scott has a small wee wee

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

uh oh =)

you should probably turbo it now to make up that lost exhaust velocity!!
                  Last edited by nope; 08-30-2009, 05:45 AM.
                  96 mx-6, needs work...
                  91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                    #1 mistake by rookie "head porters". Not much material is needed to be taken off, especially towards the end of the exhaust port. Most of the porting and material removing is done at the throat and bowl, which couldn't possibly be touched with the valve still in place.

Don't ever let your friend touch another cylinder head again. Not only does it look like he fucked up the port shape, but I'm sure he hogged it out making it nearly useless. You're going to lose quite a bit of exhaust velocity right at the head. That's no good.

FWIW, you need the exhaust ports to be smaller than the gasket/header entrance. Look up scavenging.
                    hahaha woow knowlege is pwnage. haah not quite chopping the beast off but its like putting ur cock in a river in Alaska. ohh the shrinkage
                    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                      hahaha woow knowlege is pwnage. haah not quite chopping the beast off but its like putting ur cock in a river in Alaska. ohh the shrinkage

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

nice. what header you running?
                        ebay

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          there's still carbon on the valves.
                          this was before the head was taken to the machine shop.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post

FWIW, you need the exhaust ports to be smaller than the gasket/header entrance. Look up scavenging.
                            really? damn....he's been doing this for years without any problems. everything is pretty consistent, he just didnt go all the way through where the valves were, like you say.

Comment

Originally posted by cleanjdm View Post
                              really? damn....he's been doing this for years without any problems. everything is pretty consistent, he just didnt go all the way through where the valves were, like you say.
                              Is he going to remove the carbon off the valves?
                              Bisimoto Engineering
                              1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                              2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                              3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Working...
                              X