• Time
  • Show
Clear All

driving dumped - a counter-point

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...ella-fail.aspx

think this is safe? think again.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

i think driving slammed is stupid anyway. it is great for shows and maybe driving around in a meet but for the guys that do it on their DD it is stupid and not worth the hassle
    visit vgruk

Comment

every one knows the risk of drivin dumpped
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
        every one knows the risk of drivin dumpped
        Then are you ok with taking out other people when those bolts grind down past that last little bit of the head when you're doing 60 on the highway surounded by other cars?

Extreme to where the performance of the car is degraded is one thing, I can see people only wanting a look, but extreme to where it is mechanically unsafe is another. Sure you can be responsible for your own demise but a car is a big responsibility because in the process of removing yourself from the gene pool, you can take others with you who don't wish to be along for the ride.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          Then are you ok with taking out other people when those bolts grind down past that last little bit of the head when you're doing 60 on the highway surounded by other cars?
          they know the risks but still intend on following thru then thats their stupidity.
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

That article was great and spot on. I`m even taking a quote from it for my SIG.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
              they know the risks but still intend on following thru then thats their stupidity.
              Other people's stupidity is their business until it interferes with my safety

Fuck that

Keep the stanced garbage to shows + off public roads.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I know guys like this. They don't give a shit what it looks like under the hood as long as the outside is dope
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  I know guys like this. They don't give a shit what it looks like under the hood as long as the outside is dope
                  Oh yea? Whens the last time you looked over canibeat, stance nation, stance works, and the chronicles?

Comment

Hell ya! I wanna see them sparks!
                    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                      Hell ya! I wanna see them sparks!
                      that's retarded.

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                      Oh yea? Whens the last time you looked over canibeat, stance nation, stance works, and the chronicles?
                      those are mostly rarely driven, high attention-to-detail cars. he's talking about normal guys with normal cars that they just slam to the ground. not everyone that does that pays attention to every part of their car.
                      Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        those are mostly rarely driven, high attention-to-detail cars. he's talking about normal guys with normal cars that they just slam to the ground. not everyone that does that pays attention to every part of their car.
                        yup. If the cars aren't from SoCal, where the roads and weather are perfect; they only see the trip from the trailer to the showbooth. They aren't real DD all condition cars.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                          Whats the takeaway here, that every slammed car has a clean engine bay lmao

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

No just saying that must of the dumped cars I see, look well cared for.
                            I dont live in a big city, so I geuss I dont get the whole picture.

Comment

unfortunately California and Los Angeles has been noted for the worse maintained streets in the U.S. In fact we have a hot line for crews to just spend days filling up pot holes! Then if a road is ever repaved...the day after it cures..another company rips it up for their lines, Slammed cars here are NOT a daily seen occurrence....only at car shows and a few who don't care to take them apart by driving LA.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                              New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                              My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Working...
                              X