Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Build Thread

Ok first of all ive had 3 cb7's and my first 2 were stolen im on my third one now. I have had an h22a in it for a year in may na all motor. I decided to go big so im going for the fastest cb7 around. Ive done research on the fastest times and what not but nothing has impressed me or giving me a challenge so if you know of one with a good time please let me know, but anyways here we go.
    Old Picture
    Current Motor
    Heres the build
    Darton Mid wet sleeved h22a4, Je custom 8.6:1 pistons(not shelf stocked), Eagle H Beam Rods

Knife Edged Balanced Crank

Head Was sent to port flow In California, not giving to many details about the head as its all custom. Oversized valves, custom springs retainers, port and polished, valve job, type s cams

Turbo, Garrett gt3584r aka garrett reaper(temporary) 70 trim

just got my tial wastegate and tial blow off valve and precision 880 injectors today

This is what it looks like now
    Last edited by 700hpCb7; 03-05-2012, 08:58 PM.

I don't know of any Accords breaking 9's, but Bisi has an f22 in an Insight which is running 9's all motor. Damn impressive to me!

And I can't wait to see this finished! I love track cars! I want to build a k20 civic hatch sometime soon for street/track use.

Comment

my point. ive only seen a 13.1 in a 1/4 so i know for sure i can beat that.
      yeah but thats an all out race car lol mine is my dd back and forth to work

Comment

you wont see 9's on those cams or that turbo. my .02

on the other hand you're the first cb7 with a knife edged crank, i see a lot of potential on some parts
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

nope, 9's in GT4094R territory. plan to spend alot of money on axles and transmissions, the axles will break first then the teeth will start stripping off the trans gears in the 600hp range.

my best is a 12.4 @ 124mph full street car with tons of traction issues.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

the 9 seconds isnt what im going for right now thats like a year from now but right now i want maybe 6 and yes i have the tranny and axles coming. i was going to do h2b but changed my mind lol. cool that gives me a little bit of a goal. i have 26x9 slicks that ill use on the track. its just a fun build i want to do for now

Comment

have you ever driven a FWD car with that much power? on street tires anything above 5k rpm will be useless. its cool for a while being able to do burnouts on the highway, but it gets old. at least it did for me. plus tq steer at that power level will be alot to control. if you can make that kind of power, good for you, but know what your getting into. With 600hp and good driving you should be able to run low 11's on a street weight car. Look up supergenius on here, he knows his stuff when it comes to making big power on a H. i think hes in the 750hp range now.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Nice looking build so far. the darton WET sleeves are a nice touch....with boost you should have gone for the MID sleeves though. Modular integrated deck is what helps keeps the sleeves from walking under boost.

Why the knife edged crank? Just wondering your thoughts on it is all.

High 10's low 11's is usually in the 350-400whp range with a tight suspension & tire/wheel setup. You are definitely looking at spending some money on engine & suspension to hit that range. the engine looks to be well on it's way.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

That hood.. Is too sick. Dope ride bro.
                  Jay
                  HondaLina
                  91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Freek View Post
                    That hood.. Is too sick. Dope ride bro.
                    Photoshopped.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                      Photoshopped.
                      Argh. I thought that to myself afterwards haha. Dope ride nonetheless.
                      Jay
                      HondaLina
                      91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                        Nice looking build so far. the darton WET sleeves are a nice touch....with boost you should have gone for the MID sleeves though. Modular integrated deck is what helps keeps the sleeves from walking under boost.

Why the knife edged crank? Just wondering your thoughts on it is all.

High 10's low 11's is usually in the 350-400whp range with a tight suspension & tire/wheel setup. You are definitely looking at spending some money on engine & suspension to hit that range. the engine looks to be well on it's way.
                        id like to see a cb7 with 400whp running 10's. Spiker was making 600-something in his cd5 before he saw 10's and his car was set up right

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

isn't NWaccord making like 500 and running 11s

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
                            isn't NWaccord making like 500 and running 11s
                            yep I was about to mention that as well.If that's not impressive to the OP , then he not real.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX View Post
                              id like to see a cb7 with 400whp running 10's. Spiker was making 600-something in his cd5 before he saw 10's and his car was set up right
                              Only reason I said what I did was becuase we ran high 11s in a full interior 3000+lb 92 civic hatch with a boosted B18. It was putting down approx. 380-400ish to the ground. Ran consistently between 11.5 - 12.2 depending on track/weather conditions. OK so it wasn't 10's, but it wasn't the best setup ether.

What engine and trans was he using? CD5 has a fully dressed curb weight between 2800 & 3020 + driver depending on trim level. A 600 whp CD with a decent setup should be running in the low 10's consistently. A CD/CB in the 400-500 range would do mid to low 11's.

Ether way IMO 350-400 is more than enough for some daily driver who just want's to be the fastest FWD econobox on the streets.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X