Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its time for a rebuild.....But my CB will live again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
    why did you get another motor and not rebuild yours?
    by the way trash that felpro headgasket and get your self the ebay one like nightmare has.

Look at the pic of the felpro, See how there is that ridge that smashes to seal.
    it seals on the aluminum and thats bad. The ebay and oem one just seals on the sleeves.

I explained it 2 posts back, but basically my block got overworked from the shop. And I've never had an issue with Felpro, so that's why i use them and will continue to use them.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
      Only A6 automatics had the oil cooler.

Orange seals yuk.
      My manual a6 in my 92 had an oil cooler

my brothers 93 a6 manual however does not

Comment

My manual '93 does not.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Ive had good luck with Felpro in the past but I did notice about the valve cover gasket is a bit off. With the kit I got off ebay everything fits great, even the valve cover gasket. It fit so good I tossed the Felpro one that I had on my sedan.
          BTW my 91 EX wagon has the cooler and its an A6 but its an auto.

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareCB7 View Post
            Ive had good luck with Felpro in the past but I did notice about the valve cover gasket is a bit off. With the kit I got off ebay everything fits great, even the valve cover gasket. It fit so good I tossed the Felpro one that I had on my sedan.
            BTW my 91 EX wagon has the cooler and its an A6 but its an auto.
            I was going to get that Ebay kit, but I'm tired of waiting, I want my fucking car back! I got everything for about $120ish, which was worth it to me to have my car back hopefully Monday. the funny thing about my valve cover gasket is that it fit just fine before I tore it apart.....

Comment

People run lose piston clearances alot nothing crazy outta spec though mostly on true builds, but i'd think you would have been fine with those clearances.

As far as felpro i've never once had an issue with their gaskets. Plus their HG is a 3 layer as to where the ebay HG is a 5 layer which i doubt many worry about anyway. Hope ya get her back on the road soon.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                People run lose piston clearances alot nothing crazy outta spec though mostly on true builds, but i'd think you would have been fine with those clearances.

As far as felpro i've never once had an issue with their gaskets. Plus their HG is a 3 layer as to where the ebay HG is a 5 layer which i doubt many worry about anyway. Hope ya get her back on the road soon.
                I didn't wanna really risk it with them being that loose. And I REALLY lucked out on this block, it was owned by an old lady that never drove it. Had the original everything on it, even hadn't got the first scheduled maintenance, no balance shaft retainer.

Comment

IIRC i running a little loser than OEM on my build, but mine's a bit more involved than just a rebuild. What you going to do with that spare crank? Did you check the clearances on the rod and main bearings on your new engine? it can't hurt.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    IIRC i running a little loser than OEM on my build, but mine's a bit more involved than just a rebuild. What you going to do with that spare crank? Did you check the clearances on the rod and main bearings on your new engine? it can't hurt.
                    I never picked up/paid for the block and crank, he can enjoy owning them now. No I didn't check the clearances, but nothing had play in it. And when I saw those still visible hatch marks on the cylinder walls I KNEW I had a good bottom end.

Comment

looks llike its coming along nicely.felpro have good seals but their valve cover gasket stretches beyond use after one time.so if you plan on doing any work later on you are gonna need another gasket.

Comment

Got a hoist today, the engine will be in tonight! Then the tedious task of redoing fluids and bleeding everything begins... More updates and pics to follow...

Comment

IT'S IN!!! She's not running yet, but she's back in her home, thanks to Ghetto_CB7, who showed up 20 minutes before it got dark.... I have a few things to finish before I can fire her up, I have to install the IM and add some coolant. I still need to install my steering rack bellows, and install the Lude calipers. The calipers had to come off so I could roll the car around, since I have 14's.....

But I got these! Thanks dvswoo!

I put the oil in last night to test for any leaks, none were present. More pics and updates to come tomorrow, and hopefully, just maybe, she will be back on the road tomorrow.
                          Last edited by dj_ender; 02-07-2012, 02:44 AM.

Comment

SWEET!!! Cant wait to see it running again.

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareCB7 View Post
                              SWEET!!! Cant wait to see it running again.
                              Time for some more videos!!!!

Like this:

Comment

And she's alive!!!! Started right up, but before that i had a bad leak to deal with. Where the t stat housing meets the hard water pipe from the block, there's an O ring and it had torn. But i still can't get it to line up right, right now it's not bolted to the IM.

And an oil leak began to happen, but not until i put the royal people in... It's leaking from the rear balance shaft area, must have forgot a bolt, or something with the seal. I will deal with that this weekend, it only leaks while running. Tomorrow I have to bleed the brakes and clutch, and reset the TPS, then it's v v v v v r r r r r o o o m m m m time!
                                Videos and updates to follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X