Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sleepers, watch who you talk trash to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleepers, watch who you talk trash to....

Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

SHO is no joke quick cars.

As for the SC 3.8's wicked engines my buddy brandon has a SS intimidator use to make close to 400whp without the bottle. It ran low low 8's in the 8th spinning the whole way off the bottle. I have always wanted a GTP and a SHO definitely sleepers.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

At the end of the day i hardly care how fast any of those stupid cars are in a straight line

I'm sure that regal handles like complete assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        At the end of the day i hardly care how fast any of those stupid cars are in a straight line

I'm sure that regal handles like complete assholes.
        Lol, it's just about sleepers in general, not these car in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
          Lol, it's just about sleepers in general, not these car in particular.
          I suppose, but in the case of that video was the point i was making

Comment

Really enjoyed that video. I for one, love sleepers. A buddy of mine had an SHO in HS, with a 5 speed. Talk about an unassuming rocket.

My mom currently owns a Buick Regal like in the video, unfortunately, not supercharged.

My dad used to have a 1992 Buick Park Avenue Ultra with a supercharged 3.8. For a huge boat, that thing would snap your neck back and the 0-60 was pretty damn quick. Chipring and spinning tires into 2nd gear with an auto tranny in a huge boat like that....yeah...not gonna lie...it's cool because you're not expecting it.

I am the sort of guy who would build sleepers. Well, I sort of have already. I had a 1995 Ford Contour with the 2.5 V6 and a 5 speed. 170hp stock, and pretty quick as is, in a car comparable to an Accord. I managed to find all the SVT engine, exhaust, suspension and wheel components, and build my little Contour GL base model into a 200hp Contour SVT clone.

This car was my first real serious build, and owned this car when I was around 19-21. I absolutely loved this car. It was decent looking (subjective, but hey, I like them), comfortable, very nice to drive, good on gas and was pretty decent to work on. The only downside, was the 2.5's were a bit of a lemon, and I spent tons of money on repairs on this car, BUT, in it's defense, I bought it with 258 000km, and drove it hard til 301 000km when I got rid of it.

I think this car is one reason I like the CB's so much. The CB encompasses all the good qualities the Contour had, but puts them all in a higher quality, more sophisticated vehicle....which is older than the Contour. lol

I had a lot of fun with this car. It was pretty quick and handled really good too, especially with some 225/50/16 Bridgestone Potenza tires on the SVT wheels.

I also paid $600 for this car, bought it as a wholesale from a Ford dealership. Would gladly own another one.

Comment

^^^ Damn I remember that old Sony 222 Amp, I used to have the 444 one

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

lol. Those photos are circa 2006. Hmm, 6 years ago, so I'd have been 20 then.
                Last edited by crazymikey; 10-29-2012, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Most of the cars he raced looked completely stock. In all fairness, his car wasn't. He was probably on a forum for older guys who liked having beautiful cars in un-molested shape. When he showed them up, sure, they were surprised but they were probably too old to give a fuck.

Not to mention, REAL racers know about cars like this. Who didn't know that the 1G SHO was a motherfucker? Who didn't know that supercharged 3800s were beasts? Real racers not only mod and know how to mod but they know their competition. This guy just raced against people who didn't care or couldn't drive. A Z34 Lumina vs a Vette? I think not.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

^ Totally right on.

Anybody who knows anything about anything knows a sleeper when they see one.

Though, a turbo 1984 Caravan always surprises me lol.

Comment

The supercharged GM 3800 cars have a TON of potential, but that's a buttload of power to put down to the front wheels. Plus, they're all automatic.
                      My GTP was decently quick, but built like absolute shit. And yes... it handled like assholes. They CAN be made to handle, but from the factory, they're awful. I don't know if the Regal has the same issue, but the GTP's brakes in stock form were seriously undersized. That's the only real mod I did to my GTP... a brake upgrade. Larger rotors made a big difference.
                      The 3800 is a descendent of the Grand National's engine, though mine was falling apart. Well maintained while in my possession, but still...

He said he doubled the Regal's horsepower for the price of a wheel and tire package... how? Smaller pulley? Upgraded nose? That transmission would have absolute fits with that much power! I researched doing significant upgrades to my GTP, and to do it with any hope for reliability, some big money has to be dropped. 400whp reliably from a supercharged 3800 (including putting that power to the ground) would cost about as much as 400whp from a turbo F22A.

The SHO had potential, but it was a V6 making roughly H22A horsepower. Nice cars, and a good deal sportier in many senses than the Regal... but again, real mods are necessary to truly make power... and that Yamaha engine isn't found anywhere else.
                      The V8 SHO was crap.

The Contour is the best car in the whole thread. That thing actually does have serious potential. It's a Euro Ford, something Ford rarely brought to the US. It can handle. It can make good power. It can even look pretty nice!

Comment

wow. great video and i love being a sleeper. or i like the idea of being a sleeper its just satisfying
                        Accord SE

93se
                        Members Ride
                        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                        Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

I always felt that a 14 second car that looks slow is more fun than a 12 second car that looks fast. Everyone expects a sportscar to be fast. Nobody expects a grandma car to be fast!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            I always felt that a 14 second car that looks slow is more fun than a 12 second car that looks fast. Everyone expects a sportscar to be fast. Nobody expects a grandma car to be fast!
                            very true.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Agree 100%

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                              X