X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free bubble shift knob from 9k racing

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=245785178772689
    Must reach 30,000 to get them
    free if picked up from their store in L.A.
    about 6 bucks shipping in US. 13 USD international.
    hit em' up
    Last edited by acefighter028; 07-29-2011, 10:17 AM.

You couldn't pay me to take that shift knob.

Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer my stock one.

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
    aww_shiet
    91accordexr33

Comment

Yeah and with 8,000 more people as of now needed to join, I think they missed their mark lol.

life is good.

Comment

$6 shipping? Probably costs $3 to ship, and $1 to make... so their "free" knob is still turning $2 profit. More likely than not, 15,000 of the 30,000 will actually claim their knob. Maybe 2,000 will be close enough to pick it up. The other 13,000 will pay $6 to ship it. That's $24,000 profit for a "free" shift knob. Genius. And the best part is: if they don't meet their quota, they don't have to send anyone anything at all... so they ONLY send these knobs once they are guaranteed a ton of sales. In fact, they probably won't even place the order for them until they're guaranteed money, or even after they received it (since 30,000 knobs, even at $1 each, is pretty pricey for a little aftermarket parts dealer... Even Bisimoto wouldn't front a bill like that!)

However, I think it looks like crap. If I wanted a dildo for a shift knob, I have an "adult gift store" half a mile away.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          If I wanted a dildo for a shift knob, I have an "adult gift store" half a mile away.
          lmao.

Yeah, they look like toilet. But, for free most people don't care. They'd probably end up in someone's garage on a shelf, or in their DD beater prerunner or something lol. I had a feeling they wouldn't reach the goal anyhow

life is good.

Comment

30,000 was quite a lofty goal. 10,000 would have been a better idea. NO local pickup, and $8 shipping. Then again, the local pickup could be useful in getting people into their shop, even if it costs them a few bucks...

I think I might try to do something like this. Of course, I would have to ship... and everyone knows how great I am at that (speaking of which, all decals and shirts ordered since April will be going out this weekend... finally.)

Comment

This ebay title made me chuckle: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9K-RA...-/320715302251

I've seen worse. The shorties remind me of hot rods in the old days, when you still got to see cars that had been modded in the Big Daddy Roth style. I would rock the cream colored one in a heartbeat for $6, but it wasn't one of the offerings. If they hit the mark, I'll get a black one and have to see how I like it.

Comment

Do they have one that vibrates?

Comment

lol i was just posting this cause thought it was cool. I really didnt know if id put the thing in my car or not. It is a good idea for their company and you guys can dog on them all you want, but its a 35 dollar shift knob for 6 dollars. You could have even mailed them a pre-paid shipping label which means they made no profit on it.

HAHA i love the 330 MM one. Ridiculous. But cool if thats what your into. Its longer than my broadway mirror.
                  Last edited by acefighter028; 07-30-2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Do they have one that vibrates?
                    it looked like that long green one had batteries in it.. that might be the one you want

Comment

Originally posted by acefighter028 View Post
                      lol i was just posting this cause thought it was cool. I really didnt know if id put the thing in my car or not. It is a good idea for their company and you guys can dog on them all you want, but its a 35 dollar shift knob for 6 dollars. You could have even mailed them a pre-paid shipping label which means they made no profit on it.

HAHA i love the 330 MM one. Ridiculous. But cool if thats what your into. Its longer than my broadway mirror.
                      I'm not dogging them... I'm actually applauding their business sense.
                      Plus, a $35 shift knob still probably only costs them $1 to have made. I wouldn't pay $35 (plus $7 shipping) for a knob that was made by a company worth bragging about, let alone a company I never heard of. BUT, with the profit potential they get from this stunt here, valuing the knob at $35 REALLY makes people think they're getting a deal.
                      As for the pre-paid shipping label, that is true... and it makes sense. BUT, it's $6... most people will just cough up the 6 bucks. I know I would. I'm sure they're banking on it.

Like I said, I'm not dogging. I think it's absolute genius. The product doesn't interest me in the least, though. I do, however, wish I had thought of doing this first!

And that really long one... one rushed shift while grabbing the top, and you'll snap your shifter in two! That's like a breaker bar for your shift lever!

Comment

I'm not dogging them... I'm actually applauding their business sense.
                        Plus, a $35 shift knob still probably only costs them $1 to have made. I wouldn't pay $35 (plus $7 shipping) for a knob that was made by a company worth bragging about, let alone a company I never heard of. BUT, with the profit potential they get from this stunt here, valuing the knob at $35 REALLY makes people think they're getting a deal.
                        As for the pre-paid shipping label, that is true... and it makes sense. BUT, it's $6... most people will just cough up the 6 bucks. I know I would. I'm sure they're banking on it.

Like I said, I'm not dogging. I think it's absolute genius. The product doesn't interest me in the least, though. I do, however, wish I had thought of doing this first!

And that really long one... one rushed shift while grabbing the top, and you'll snap your shifter in two! That's like a breaker bar for your shift lever!
                        I know i was ready to pay 6 bucks haha. Maybe ill just hit you up and get some decals instead

I would like to see someone post a story about that! "i snapped my shift linkage cause' i had to have a ridiculously long shift knob" Looks like a lightsaber.

Comment

Maple snapped a shift lever... I don't think it was extended, probably shortened... but if he could break a short one, then a long one is even more likely!

Apparently rally drivers use long shifters to reduce the shift time, and keep hands near the wheel.

Comment

Maple snapped a shift lever... I don't think it was extended, probably shortened... but if he could break a short one, then a long one is even more likely!

Apparently rally drivers use long shifters to reduce the shift time, and keep hands near the wheel.
                            Just for show. I think its a little goofy.

Yea, but rally cars have those sequential gearboxes or whatever they are called. Dont think you have to pull that hard. Its a good idea but not with a car with H-pattern gears IMO.

Comment

Didn't get 30k, but they're going to offer consolation prizes (probably a percent off your purchase). Still a great advertising gimmick to get your name out. I've seen more expensive ones in my time.

Comment

Working...
                              X