Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just discovered something very interesting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just discovered something very interesting...

What do you see here?

Who can pick out what it is that I discovered?
    I'll give a Bronze membership to the first person that gets it right before I spill the beans.

my #1 guess: D2 Racing coilovers belong on race cars only, and are not meant for street cars (joking )

my #2 guess: that old CLK touring car is not on D2 racing coilovers (that D2 logo is for something completely different), and D2 Racing Sports stole that logo.

my #3 guess: you picked up on the "sports" vs. "sport" in the company names and it seems that D2 Racing Sports is a knock off brand playing on people's past knowledge, so potential buyers are lured into thinking they are buying D2 Racing Sport Co. suspension components.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

The D2/Vodafone mobile phone and telecommunications connection? I also have noticed that sometimes the products say D2 Racing Sport and other times say D2 Racing Sports. I don't know if that matters or not. Never owned any of their products.

EDIT...

After I dig into Google based on my assumptions... "D2 Racing Sports is a Taiwanese company that ripped off the name and logo of a defunct German phone company (bought out by vodafone). Presumably they saw the D2 logo on DTM cars and assumed it was something racing-related."
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-13-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

You both came pretty close. Dammit... you both have better than Bronze already!

Basically, #2 is correct, supplemented by what H311RA151N said.

D2/Vodaphone is indeed a German telecommunications company. That is their logo. Those DTM cars are NOT on "D2 Racing" products. In fact, it's likely that both of those cars pictured raced long before "D2 Racing" ever released their crappy purple crap.

However, D2's earlier advertising for their shite performance parts featured those DTM cars. They directly copied the logo, so they could show real race cars that looked as if they used D2 products.
        So if you ever wondered where D2 got their brand name... that's it. They stole it, logo and all, from a German telecom company that sponsored real race cars.

What's next? Marlboro brand coilovers? Maybe Red Bull?

I hate this stupid company more and more every time I learn something new about them!
        For anyone who is unaware, TruHart is the same company. Same products, different colors. Both brands are made in some seemingly nameless factory in Taiwan. Michael Hinderliter, the owner of both companies (and Urban Import) has absolutely NO known history in the automotive world. He is not known for racing. He is not known for modifying cars. He is not an engineer. He is nothing but an opportunistic entrepreneur cashing in on a juicy trend.

Comment

It's pretty bad when the company is founded on something like this. I'll never own anything from them, that's for sure.

Comment

thats just sad

Comment

I recently did a good deal of research on the origins of various cheap suspension products... Unfortunately, I posted it to Facebook, and can't seem to find it again! It was scary, some of the crap Chinese/Taiwanese companies that I found to be behind these "performance parts"

Comment

I agree that I will never buy anything from them.
                1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

MaAn wha you talking aboUt crappy purpl crap. D2 the best bro my boi tolld me and he ogts them on all his race car an they handle awsum what you on abut? d2raceing FTW #D2lolz #ricerzzz #ddrivenzz

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

are there people that are using these for track setups? everyone ive found that uses them are usually cambered out and are doing the "stance" thing. ive been in 3 cars with them and every one rode like shit.

Comment

I sure hope not. All the stancers rolling on them probably got them so that they can feel like they are ready to raccccceee when the urge arises.

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I'm sure there are some.
                        In the Accord community, there aren't many people seriously tracking their cars. A few weekend drag racers, some casual autocrossers... but real track use is uncommon.
                        That's one reason why there aren't many truly capable track suspension options for us. Not off the shelf, anyway. Most things, even quality parts like H&R, BC, Tein, Tanabe, etc... are intended more for street use than for track competition.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          What do you see here?

Who can pick out what it is that I discovered?
                          I'll give a Bronze membership to the first person that gets it right before I spill the beans.
                          Before I scrolled down and read the rest of the post I was going to say,
                          The Supposed D2 car has a H&R spring sponsor ship sticker but all that other stuff is much more interesting .
                          CB7TUNER.com
                          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Yeah, the first two cars have nothing at all to do with "D2 Racing Sports" or whatever they call themselves. Those two cars are legitimate DTM cars sponsored by D2 Vodafone, the company D2 stole their logo from.

Comment

you can tell with the BMW touring car the logo says privat under it and not "sports" or "sport" Nice catch deev
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X