Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What gains do you get from different ECUs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gains do you get from different ECUs?

For the f22a6, WHICH ecu would benefit best? What gains would I actually see with a different ecu?

What all do ECUs do? Change fuel/air ratio and what else?

Thanks guys

There the brain of the car and putting the wrong ECU in the car would only hurt performance....A6 ECU Has no speed limmiter wich is the most noticable difference

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
      There the brain of the car and putting the wrong ECU in the car would only hurt performance....A6 ECU Has no speed limmiter wich is the most noticable difference
      Oh okay, thanks man. I wasn't sure if you would actually see some hp gains immediately just from putting in a differently tuned ecu..

Comment

If you buy a tuneable Ecu with controls for the butterflies, and have access to a dyno and a good tuner you will see gains but $$$.

The P12 swap on A1's and A4's is a 10HP gain, but that's a different story...
        MRT(vvv) --Stock CB7 Enthusiast #1--

Vouches: new_beginnings, ThrakBarts, beanzfynest617, JaK FRoSTWhiTE, 92_EX_Ninja, mak
        Originally posted by deevergote
        i am with the dumb. i cannot brain.

Comment

for the f22a6, the stock pt6 is the best ECU. You really don't need to change until you start some serious internal work, or go boosted.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            for the f22a6, the stock pt6 is the best ECU. You really don't need to change until you start some serious internal work, or go boosted.
            good info! thanks alot man, preciate it

Comment

what's an ecu?
              91 CB7 Work In Progress.

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
                so if i can put a A6 ECU in my car every thing will b the same it just wont have a speed limiter?

Comment

Originally posted by pikey_cb7 View Post
                  so if i can put a A6 ECU in my car every thing will b the same it just wont have a speed limiter?
                  You might run a little richer. The A6 has a slightly wilder cam, so the ECU has a different fuel curve. You don't need to remove the speed limiter anyway. How often do you get your car over 115 mph? You won't do it at the track until you've done some serious building, and it really isn't meant to run at those speeds. You'll want some suspension upgrades and better tires before you do.

Comment

I get everything about the a6 ecu but whats the deal with chipped civc ecu and other models ecu etc.? are they interchangable like that do any of them have an advantage

93 Accord SE
                    02 Highlander Limited

Comment

Originally posted by Pinnacle View Post
                      what's an ecu?
                      engine computer

Comment

Originally posted by WISDOBX84 View Post
                        I get everything about the a6 ecu but whats the deal with chipped civc ecu and other models ecu etc.? are they interchangable like that do any of them have an advantage
                        a chipped ecu (the accord ones arent chippable so we use civic ecus) make it so they can be programmed. basically a blank slate. when you chip them they arent civic ecus anymore. you need to tune them for your car. the benefit is in the tuning not the ecu itself (though some have different features built in). if you arent running a few important mods, like a cam at least, then tuning wont get you much. some, but not much. often not worth the cost unless you can get it done cheap or do it yourself. dyno tuning a chipped ecu is the only way to really make power

Comment

So a a6 computer will run rich and have no speed limitor

what year can i get this ECU out of any cb7 with a a6 under the hood and what ECU code am i looking for on it

Comment

pt6 is the ecu code. any 92-93 ex has it. the 91 and 93 se have it too.

it wont do much for you if you dont have the other a6 parts. the cam and intake manifold are the most significant.

Comment

Working...
                            X