drive axle recommendations for a h22 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drive axle recommendations for a h22 ?

I have been having the worst luck with cv axle's since i did my swap.
    The first couple i blamed on my self for torquing it off the line with the wheels turned. This is instant dislocation of the cv axle. I learned not to do that anymore. The one before last I blamed myself for just trying to launch to hard followed by a high rpm second gear snatch.(7500rpms) The one that just happened on a few month old drive shaft, I did after a mildly aggressive take off followed by a mashing off the gas. That was all fine no well spin good acceleration. I ran it out to about 7500 grabbed second and no wheel spin no hope just another shattered drive axle. All the times have been with the passenger side. I an guessing the half shaft takes a little of the hit out of the drivers side axle.
    Now I know I could just try and drive like a normal person. My friends insist they could spend all day explaining to me how a normal person drives and i still would not get it.
    So my next option is to ask the other spirited (asshole)drivers running h swaps what cv axles they are running.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Stiffer engine mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by JDMef9 View Post
      Stiffer engine mounts?
      That could be the case, but I am using poly filled motor mounts and a JB weld filled front torque mount. My engine doesn't move and my whole car vibrates from the engine. the front radius arm bushings are prothane along with the rest of the bushings.
      Last edited by cb9love; 08-07-2015, 02:13 PM. Reason: info
      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Had two H22 swaps and this swap is now a turbo with +400HP. Using OEM axles, never broke any. Anyone can break parts if they drive incorrectly. Suggest you learn to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Had two H22 swaps and this swap is now a turbo with +400HP. Using OEM axles, never broke any. Anyone can break parts if they drive incorrectly. Suggest you learn to drive.
          Is that OEM axels or are they replacement axles.
          I drive my car everyday, i don't store it in a bag.
          CB7TUNER.com

Comment

I found the cause of the twisting cv axles. I broke the rear transmission mount.
            More accurately I ripped one bolt out of the transmission, I snapped another bolt, and I broke one of the bolt wholes out of the transmission. I also have finally started to break the filled torque mount apart. I repaired what i could on the transmission mount and have the motor solid again. I'll just have to keep him on the injured players list for now. This doesn't change the fact that i would like to know what brand, companies cv shafts other users are running.
            CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Working...
            X