No announcement yet.

LadyG : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harness pics from wireworx! It ships to me tomorrow!

This project is moving along super fast!
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

So, I've made some choices.

Neochrome all the things! (That I can afford to!)

Also, going with the purple bolts.

And finally, two contenders for the interior hydrographics:

I'm going to see which coordinates best.

Also, it's almost time for the fun stuff (shaving and line tucking) so make sure you watch this thread for updates!!

Comment

Looks good. That's some serious stuff going on there....

Comment

It is some serious stuff!
          My hubby has decided that I can has all the things he knows how to do.

Tucked ac, perhaps tucked rad, all the options will work (ac,ps,cruise) and will be run for minimal visibility.
          All the wiring will be gone through and re-harnessed. Relocate the battery and fuse box.
          Full break tuck, mild shave (no plates, just spot welds)
          New front subframe.
          Skunk 2 intake manifold w/78mm throttle body
          All new fasteners, and hoses, for all the things.
          All emblems will be shaved,as well as the antenna hole.
          all of my rarities will be mounted correctly and painted with the car, as well as a second bumper for daily use.
          The only thing that isn't getting a full makeover is the interior. I need my youngest kid to get a little older before I sink $$ into it. It also gives me time to collect a black/grey interior for her.

Our goal is to do the show season next year, together. His H22 teg will be done right after my car is finished.

I am beside myself with joy. I get my dream car.

I am also going fully insured,and have fr/r dashcams.
          I WILL NOT be hit-and-run on again.
          Last edited by LadyG; 04-18-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Ya, keep us updated in here. Sooo I have to ask. It is your hubby or you doing the work?

Comment

What needs to be understood is that hubby is a professional in the industry. I have access to his connections. There is a great deal of trading that will be done to my benefit.
              That is my real advantage.
              I also have access to specialty tools, and a person over my shoulder who absolutely knows what he is doing.

That being said, there are things (like the relocations, Fab work, and custom lines) that the average tuner has to see a professional about. I sleep next to one.

If you are actually asking me if I get my hands dirty...
              I'd be a little insulted.

Comment

Wire tuck has begun!
                First thing is the driver's side harness. Unwrapping the wires from the old nast

Start at the firewall and work forward, zip tieing the junction points as you go.

On the passenger side, the fuse box is being relocated behind the glove box, the whole harness on this side gets pulled into the cabin.

It is then split off, with everything that runs back into the bay put through the access hole that runs into the fender.

The boot will be split to surround both hunks of wire.

Then it's unwrapped

Comment

If you do end up going with a custom chromoly subframe, and whoever makes it would like to make some more money out of the deal, let me know.

Is this something like what you're looking for?

My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yep. Just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      If you do end up going with a custom chromoly subframe, and whoever makes it would like to make some more money out of the deal, let me know.

Is this something like what you're looking for?
                      Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                      Yep. Just like that.
                      If that is something you get done LadyG I would like to know as well. I'd be up for buying one of those in a heartbeat.
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

To have anyone make it that would have any interest in retailing it, the price would be on the order of around $1200-1500. I'd drop that if I could have easy rear manifold and J-series differential clearance.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Hubby is a member here, I'll have him pop in and talk to y'all. He is looking for new things to make.

Comment

This car is going to turn out way nice! That passion berry purple will look awesome combined with a black leather SE interior. LadyG I have the optional tall center armrest that came out of a CB9 wagon same color as yours. You’ll have to center your E-brake but that should be basic for your skills.
                            5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                              What needs to be understood is that hubby is a professional in the industry. I have access to his connections. There is a great deal of trading that will be done to my benefit.
                              That is my real advantage.
                              I also have access to specialty tools, and a person over my shoulder who absolutely knows what he is doing.

That being said, there are things (like the relocations, Fab work, and custom lines) that the average tuner has to see a professional about. I sleep next to one.

If you are actually asking me if I get my hands dirty...
                              I'd be a little insulted.
                              Yes, this is what I am asking.

No offense, and understood what you wrote. We all rely on others for their experience and skills. I just was hoping you were getting your hands dirty as it makes the thread conversations better

It's much funner talking to the person who did the work first hand.
                              ie - When you remove the door panels to get to the wiring harness coming into the door it's funny how no-where in the manual does it mention how to remove that white thing that covers the loom.

Comment

I was gonna write this big long deal in response to your question but that's a pointless act. Seems no matter how long she's been doing this people still ask......this wouldn't even be asked is she was a man.

Since this build is time sensitive I'm having to do a little more than she probly would like. I did this for a living. I can take these cars apart in a matter of hours where as she would spend a little more time than that. We're trying to have this car painted in the next 3 weeks.

Also, most of what's being done is, like she stated, specialty procedures. Custom brake lines, all the wiring that's involved, custom a.c. lines, engine bay metal work, etc. BUT am I building the car, no. Once it's back from paint is when the real work starts and that's when well be able to take our time. She will be the one dealing with all the details and alot of the assembly. Along with some custom stuff. She will be handling all the hydrodipping and the painting of accessories like engine brackets, subframe etc. The list could go on and on. Bottom line is, we are building this car together.

So with that being said we are both here to answer any questions you guys may have. ��
                                Last edited by 91b20ed; 04-20-2018, 12:31 PM.
                                ODBWeldingWerks
                                Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Working...
                                X