Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please

My tranny only grabs 2nd 4th and reverse....it just started doing it I can sometimes get 1st and 3rd but 5th is imposible. My brother tought it was the slave cylender and now we think its the shift cables because we can pit it in gear from under the hood.......any sugestions please....its a 90 accord sedan lx 5 speed.

Originally posted by bigwhite View Post
    My tranny only grabs 2nd 4th and reverse....it just started doing it I can sometimes get 1st and 3rd but 5th is imposible. My brother tought it was the slave cylender and now we think its the shift cables because we can pit it in gear from under the hood.......any sugestions please....its a 90 accord sedan lx 5 speed.
    Does it do it at rest only? Or will it shift when you are moving? You should be able to get it moving in second gear.

Also, since you can shift it ok in the engine bay, can't you look at the cables while someone moves the shifter around and see if it is getting caught on something?
    1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Originally posted by benji View Post
      Does it do it at rest only? Or will it shift when you are moving? You should be able to get it moving in second gear.

Also, since you can shift it ok in the engine bay, can't you look at the cables while someone moves the shifter around and see if it is getting caught on something?

It wont go into 1 3 or 5 stoped or rolling. i asked cuz this is my first accord ive owned numerous civics and crxs and shift cables are new to me. thank you...

Comment

Your cables may be stretched. But what do you mean by won't go in? Like you can't feel I on the shifter or it pops out. May have also broken the shifter inside! Gotta quit shifting so hard!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I would pull up the center console so you can see the cables where they attach to the shifter. See if there are any kinks that keep them from moving forward into gear. Maybe something else is in there jamming it up.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
            Your cables may be stretched. But what do you mean by won't go in? Like you can't feel I on the shifter or it pops out. May have also broken the shifter inside! Gotta quit shifting so hard!
            i can pull the shifter into 2 4 and reverse just fine no problems but when i try to shift into 1 3 or 5 i can hear the gears grinding like they r almost catching but not going far enough in......is that a little better explination?? thanks a million guys i really appreceate it...

Comment

how's your clutch? sounds like it's not engaging enough to me... and whining from the trans? or and vibration through the shifter???
              THOU SHALT NOT SHIT IN DEEVE'S WHEATIES

Comment

if it sounds like the gears are "almost catching" and grinding but you are able to get it into 2,4,and r i thing you may have some bent shift forks. definatly sounding like a toasted tranny. it is possible its the clutch but being that it goes into some gears that kind of eliminates the clutch.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

check your Clutch slave cylinder, mine just started leaking a few days ago and i noticed 3rg grinded alittle, and rev was impossible. Now i have a new slave cylinder and it shifts perfect. They start leaking then they fail.
                  90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

Working...
                  X