Problem with Tein S-Tech springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Tein S-Tech springs

Hello everyone, I just installed a set of Tein S-Tech springs on my 93 sedan, it gave me a good drop on the front but it is still higher in the back. I don't like how it looks with the back higher. Anyone came across similar problems and how can I give it a lower drop? Thanks

P.S I can post pictures tomorrow as it is already dark here in FL.

Live Life to the Fullest

they will settle some over the next month or so

I think most aftermarket springs are higher in the back for our cars.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
      they will settle some over the next month or so

I think most aftermarket springs are higher in the back for our cars.

Steve
      Thanks Steve, after doing some research that is exactly what everybody else say. I wish I had a coilover set up. I was using some Ebay sleeves and that was s**t. I took them off for a while a decided to go with a better set-up.

THERE IS NO BLACK AND WHITE SUSPENSION SET-UP!! hahahaha

P.S I like how the S-Tech rides, very smooth and close to stock, with better handling.

Live Life to the Fullest

Comment

My experience with aftermarket springs is that the rear usually sits lower than the front (or at least looks that way.) I'd rather have the rear higher!

Anyway, are you certain that you installed the proper springs in front and back?
        Are you on stock shocks (not a good idea), or are you on aftermarket shocks that are capable of handling the springs?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          My experience with aftermarket springs is that the rear usually sits lower than the front (or at least looks that way.) I'd rather have the rear higher!

Anyway, are you certain that you installed the proper springs in front and back?
          Are you on stock shocks (not a good idea), or are you on aftermarket shocks that are capable of handling the springs?
          Yeah, I installed the springs correctly. I have a just a little over 2 finger gap in the front, but almost 4 finger gap in the rear. I am using aftermarket struts(no name) that is a little over OEM but that works for the S-Tech as they are designed for OE Shocks. The ride is smooth, no bounces or anything, I can even say that it rides better that stock.....I really don't know why the gap

Oh also, I am still on 14's steelies

Live Life to the Fullest

Comment

The wheels have no bearing on it.

Give it some time. It could just be that the springs need to settle. Maybe put something heavy in your trunk to help the process. Bags of cement, bags of kitty litter... maybe a dead hooker or two...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              The wheels have no bearing on it.

Give it some time. It could just be that the springs need to settle. Maybe put something heavy in your trunk to help the process. Bags of cement, bags of kitty litter... maybe a dead hooker or two...
              That is what I think is the problem, needs time to settle....no problemo about the dead hookers, I got some in the trunk already, hahaha.

Live Life to the Fullest

Comment

I actually had the same problem with the S-techs. No remedy really. I had the S-techs paired with KYBs for about 2 years, less than 15k miles. . Seems like the fronts settled a bit but the rears never did, although I never measured it so I have no real evidence. I passed the springs down to a buddy of mine. He paired it up with Tokico Blues, i believe. Drove for a year and still seems like the same stance. He actually noticed too that the rears were higher. But it kind of makes sense. I think the S-techs lowered the fronts 2.0in and the rear 1.7in or so.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

On the contrary, I've had the opposite experience with the same springs. I paired the S-Tech springs with Koni shocks in the rear and KYB shocks in the front.

The rear of my car is too low; if I have 2+ passengers in the back seat, I tend to scrape my exhaust tips on every driveway ramp. The KYB shocks in the front, however, seem to have mitigated the drop somewhat. The front of my car definitely sits higher than the rear.

My conclusion is that the shock absorbers are a fairly large factor in how your springs sit. Based on my experience, I predict that your springs will eventually settle lower in the rear than in the front.
                  Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                  2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                  2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

I think this is why I prefer H&R and Neuspeed springs over any other brands. Those two seem to be the most consistent.

Comment

Most springs to my knowledge are made this way. The Eibach spring set I bought for the cb7 were 2.25" in the front and 2" in the rear. Not sure why they do it this way.

Comment

gather up some fatties and take em out for a night on the town, youll look slammed whilst doing so and theyll hasten the settling process to about 6 hours. Plus fat girls know how to polish chrome better

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                          gather up some fatties and take em out for a night on the town, youll look slammed whilst doing so and theyll hasten the settling process to about 6 hours. Plus fat girls know how to polish chrome better
                          Oh I wish I had the idea earlier...well I gathered all my tools and stock suspension and put them in the trunk for a little ride....and the car dropped by a few cm..now its barely 2 finger gap in the front and barely 3 finger gap in the rear.....I will take me a while getting used to it but I scraped for the first time today..YAYYYYYY

PS....Will getting bigger wheels and tire make a difference in the way tire-fender tuck look?? I am still rocking 14's steelies!!

Live Life to the Fullest

Comment

The wheels make no difference. The overall wheel/tire diameter should remain the same, so the gap won't change. You can get oversized tires, but that would look dumb... and it'd mess with your speedometer and odometer.
                            The only thing larger wheels MIGHT do is give the illusion of less wheel gap... though a skinnier tire on larger wheels could potentially make it look like there's even more gap!

Comment

Originally posted by slyknik View Post
                              Oh I wish I had the idea earlier...well I gathered all my tools and stock suspension and put them in the trunk for a little ride....and the car dropped by a few cm..now its barely 2 finger gap in the front and barely 3 finger gap in the rear.....I will take me a while getting used to it but I scraped for the first time today..YAYYYYYY

PS....Will getting bigger wheels and tire make a difference in the way tire-fender tuck look?? I am still rocking 14's steelies!!
                              yes and no.. regardless of the size of wheel and tire youre trying to get near the overall diameter of the stock rollers which is about 25 inches. hence 45 series on 17s etc. but if you dont go with that logic then yes you can close the gap and mentally calculate how off your speedo is. 195/50/15's I was about 5mph slow, now Im running 215/60/15 im about +3mph now but the fender gap has closed significantly. (not that, that was my intention anyway)

Comment

Working...
                              X