Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car only starts when warm outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car only starts when warm outside

I have been having a issue for awhile now. And I can't seem to resolve it. When the temperature outside is warm, the car starts. When the temperature outside is cold it will not start.

Sounds odd, but it's what its doing. Even if I manage to get the car started in the cold somehow. Once I park it, it will not start again. Even if I drive it for 2 hours before I shut it off.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated,
    Bucky
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Is it cranking?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

no when its cold out it does not crank at all
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

if the main relay is bad, it will cause this as well .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Battery?
          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

The battery is brand new. Wait, If the main relay is bad. The car will start when it is warm outside but not cold?

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
              The battery is brand new. Wait, If the main relay is bad. The car will start when it is warm outside but not cold?
              Temperature extremes.
              Unless it's really bad, then it won't start at all.
              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

makes sense. Is there a way to test if this is for sure the cause. Without buying a new main relay? I see this http://autorepair.about.com/od/engin...nrelay_tst.htm

But, is there another way to test it?

Comment

pull it and check for cracks .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                    It is not the main relay. If it was a main relay problem, the car would still crank but not start.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                    My member's ride

Comment

Does the car at least make one click! noise cause if it does the starter may be the issue because the starter gets stuck in the the cold.so next time the car wont start try to hit the starter and if it starts then that can be the issue. Good luck.

Comment

If its cold and I turn the key on and cross the two plugs with like two screwdrivers the car starts. and if it's warm outside and i turn it over it start right up.

Comment

What plugs are you talking about ?

Comment

idk, I'm solving this for my buddy. He just gave me all the information. But I watched him touch two screwdrivers together while they were touching the starter while he had the key on.. and the car started lol

Comment

Time for a new starter.
                              The solenoid is bad.
                              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X