Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An awesome solution to thievery, that will never be implemented.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An awesome solution to thievery, that will never be implemented.

I got to thinking, working retail and all. Why can't we do more to stop thieves? We are prohibited from touching them. All we can do is call the police, and even then they hardly get caught. Everyone in the store sees it and learns that thieves get their parts for free. Time and time again they can come in and steal, we can't even refuse them service when they come back. I'm referring to a specific person we recently DID catch, but I can think of several that have gotten away.

Anyway, my solution:
    Get an armed guard. Have him watch the doors. If he sees anyone stealing, shoot them in the head. Return the product to the shelf, leave the body until we close.

Obviously this will never ever be allowed, but think of the finality of it. Think that if we were to post signs up saying that's our policy, and leaving the body of anyone who failed to observe it, what a dramatic change that would make. Not only at our store, but once it ripples across the states, what a difference it'll make in everyday life. Once someone sees that and has that click in their brain, robberies should stop completely.

No more will some cocky POS be out of jail in a day, play it off like nothing happened, and be at it again. This time, you steal, you'll be killed on the spot. Regardless of your family. Regardless of your situation. You steal, you deserve to be executed.

(Regardless of your situation includes starving children or whatever else the POS wants to come up with.)

Just something I've been tossing around for a while. Everyone I've talked to in real life seems to think it's a good idea. What do you think?

Thief for singular, Thieves for plural
    You're welcome
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
    I got to thinking, working retail and all. Why can't we do more to stop thieves? We are prohibited from touching them. All we can do is call the police, and even then they hardly get caught. Everyone in the store sees it and learns that thieves get their parts for free. Time and time again they can come in and steal, we can't even refuse them service when they come back. I'm referring to a specific person we recently DID catch, but I can think of several that have gotten away.

Anyway, my solution:
    Get an armed guard. Have him watch the doors. If he sees anyone stealing, shoot them in the head. Return the product to the shelf, leave the body until we close.

Obviously this will never ever be allowed, but think of the finality of it. Think that if we were to post signs up saying that's our policy, and leaving the body of anyone who failed to observe it, what a dramatic change that would make. Not only at our store, but once it ripples across the states, what a difference it'll make in everyday life. Once someone sees that and has that click in their brain, robberies should stop completely.

No more will some cocky POS be out of jail in a day, play it off like nothing happened, and be at it again. This time, you steal, you'll be killed on the spot. Regardless of your family. Regardless of your situation. You steal, you deserve to be executed.

(Regardless of your situation includes starving children or whatever else the POS wants to come up with.)

Just something I've been tossing around for a while. Everyone I've talked to in real life seems to think it's a good idea. What do you think?

Thief for singular, Thieves for plural
    You're welcome
    Will the bodies just pile up throughout the day?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      Will the bodies just pile up throughout the day?
      Hopefully it'll just be the one, but yes, if it requires.
      I'd like to think the robber would ask why they're there, then we'd tell him, and he'd leave.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

dude we live in America, not a 3rd world country.

we have class...
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I know this will happen in a third world country for sure becuase the government really doesnt care if you get caught stealing and most factions out there have more control in certain areas than the government.

Sure you can pop cats like people pop their collars but then that would just make the thieves even more angry and just boldly come up there with even more people and bigger guns just to bogard shit. That security imo had better be top-notch with teflon everything juggernaut suits and all on some call of duty shit.

Comment

I am sure people with be lining up around the block to shop at a store with a guy looking to shoot you in the head and a dead body on the floor. Brilliant
            FA1

Comment

Yup I can see it now

Comment

Despite what signs you post sighting store policy, that is still murder.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  dude we live in America, not a 3rd world country.

we have class...
                  The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

We live in the usa, the land where pussies can be held down for slaughter by a god damn box cutter on a plane. Id kick someones ass. Id kick that thieves ass, allowed or not.

This country has turned into a bunch pussy footing queers.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post

We live in the usa, the land where pussies can be held down for slaughter by a god damn box cutter on a plane. Id kick someones ass. Id kick that thieves ass, allowed or not.

This country has turned into a bunch pussy footing ******.
                    I said basically the same thing in the comment section in a Yahoo article after that movie theater massacre but i didn't quite word it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post

This country has turned into a bunch pussy footing queers.
                      Team America fuck yeah!
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

There's still good people out there and i think that when it really came down to it, people will help each out to fight evil.

look at the third plane on 9/11. supposedly the terrorists were overran unfortunately nobody made it on the plane but it is better than taking down another building filled with innocent people.

what im trying to say is, the judgement will solely be based on the guard of the store. if he "thinks" someone is stealing, he'll have the power to commit murder and get away with it. Just fromt he thought of that will prevent me from entering the store even if i don't intend on stealing something.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I've always wondered if I saw someone getting beat up/robbed/or whatever and couldn't defend themselves and I came up and whipped the shit out of the dude to the point he gets hospitalized. Could I claim in court that I was exercising the other guys right to defend himself for him?

Perfect example of how the US is turning into a bunch of pussies, McQuery (ex football player) witnessed Sandusky (old man) raping an innocent little boy. Why the hell didn't you end that shit and teach him a lesson? I for sure would have kicked the shit out of Sandusky, then went to court to be tried by a panel of my peers and told them everything I saw and how I responded. I bet I would walk.

Maybe it's just me but I've gotten more passionate about right and wrong as I've gotten older. Calling someone out in line for trying to hide/steal something is the best.

Comment

Even in 3rd world countries they don't kill thieves on the spot, just chop off a hand.

BTW nobody cars about your inner-most thoughts, most ideas are better let go.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Mort, I banned you for 3 days because of your "This country has turned into a bunch pussy footing queers." comment.

As to the op, what if the thief was a low income single parent of 3 hungry kids and they were stealing food?

How awesome is your 'solution' now?
                              My Car
                              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X