EXT: DIY custom eye lids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
    evil_demon: i did alot more than two light coats, mine are thick and no runs so they look clean. i think they turned out great, but ya definatly do more than two light coats, do like 4 or 5 light coats
    The thicker the paint is, the more prone it is to chip . . . hence 2 lights coats.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
      The thicker the paint is, the more prone it is to chip . . . hence 2 lights coats.
      yes true. but two light coats wont stay as long, hence the clear coat needed to be put on, so far mine are looking exactly the same as when i did it.
      enama paint is alot differant than just spray paint too

Comment

here are some front end pics of the diy eye lids, its super sunny out today and im sorry the pics kinda suck but my camera isnt the best..

hope these help anyone with possible looks

Comment

i did this a few years ago.. but i arched mine a little more.. heres the pics... and mine lasted 2 1/2 years after i sold the car... i put 3 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear... but the pics im showing you dont have the clear on them yet...

nice work tho
          Originally posted by deevergote
          wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

Thanks for adding the pics so I can see how it looks. It flows well and looks great. Cant wait to try this. I just need some clear coat.

Comment

thanks for the pics bro, im not a fan of the arches, i think its all about personal style, but they still look hella good, and good to know they lasted a long time.

dakid: when you do yours post some pics. for others to see.

i know im not the only cb owner to do this, but im sure its thought of alot and having the diy thread for ppl to see, im guessing it may catch on just a little more...

thanks for all the replies

Comment

well i like the arches because it looks like its making a mad face lol.. but i do love the way it looks str8 accross, again nice work and thanks for making the DIY..
                Originally posted by deevergote
                wen yous in da import seen yo, u gotta tipe lyke yous from da streetz cuz it showz dat u git mad rezpect yo. toonerz dun tipe lyke dey gotz a edjakashun cuz dat aint coo.

Comment

Did it this morning, turned out great!

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                  I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

still not a chargespeed grill. i'd try electrical tape first to see if you really really like it before painting it.

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz View Post
                      still not a chargespeed grill. i'd try electrical tape first to see if you really really like it before painting it.
                      Of course it's not a charge speed grille. For it to be a charge speed grille you'd have to...you guessed it...buy a charge speed grille lol.

Member's Ride Thread

I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
                        Of course it's not a charge speed grille. For it to be a charge speed grille you'd have to...you guessed it...buy a charge speed grille lol.
                        lookin good bro, paint looks good too. did you clear them? are you gonna do the corners too? or leave them the way they are?
                        thanks for the pics also

cb7inct: ya your right its like a mad face, kinda like a boser hood made for some cars. still a great idea on both staight and arched looks.

thanks to all who have viewd, maybe this will catch on?

Comment

Nope, didn't clear them.
                          As for then corners, since the corners are black, I don't think you'll even be able to see the eyelid unless you're right up on it. So I think I'm just gunna leave it like that, atleast for now.

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

oh ok, ya, still very nice, compliments the front end well on your cb. looks great

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordlx View Post
                              oh ok, ya, still very nice, compliments the front end well on your cb. looks great
                              Thanks

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

did this the other day and used clear coat. it came out pretty good and I think it looks great with a bra. I just realized I made mine lower but oh well. Took a pic with my cell phone.

Thanks for the DIY.

Also the bumper will be repainted soon lol i know it looks terrible
                                Last edited by dakiid; 03-27-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X