EXT: S2000 antenna install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nycxeracer

BTW, does anyone know hot to safelt remove the antenna? Is there a special tool to remove it (outside of car)?
    Theres a how-to on in the diy section here. Seems fairly easy.

I think you can just cut off the female end of the antenna wire in the car and splice it onto the pole of the new antenna. Im pretty sure that would work, but it is pretty much ir-reversable.

Im gonna try to see if an auto parts store carries a plug. I dont see why they wouldnt? They're all universal, and you dont have to have the little eyelet that goes on the other end.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreddio55
      Theres a how-to on in the diy section here. Seems fairly easy.

I think you can just cut off the female end of the antenna wire in the car and splice it onto the pole of the new antenna. Im pretty sure that would work, but it is pretty much ir-reversable.

Im gonna try to see if an auto parts store carries a plug. I dont see why they wouldnt? They're all universal, and you dont have to have the little eyelet that goes on the other end.
      Update: Thanks for the advice...Went outside and the rca male plug worked like a charm.

Only problem: Where the F to get a coupler???
      Originally posted by VRDrvr
      I don't for the first question but for the second one I will answer:

When I installed mine the pice that plugged into the cable (antenna receptor ?) looks like a rca jack, I would try a radio shack or a electronic store...they should carry that and I will try for some pictures of mine to give you a better view of what we're dealing with.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

The coupler you're talking about is the one that goes from the hard wire antenna to the receptor on the antenna?

No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Originally posted by VRDrvr
          The coupler you're talking about is the one that goes from the hard wire antenna to the receptor on the antenna?

Exactly, I think...From the base of the S2000 antenna, screwed on to the metal rod threaded thingy. Where in the F do I get one? lol.

Comment

On mine I just used a eyelet wire connector and used a nut on each side to hold it in place.

{} ----nut
            o ----eyelet wire connector
            {} ----nut

Like this:

Comment

haha, no not that thing, You actually don't even need that, you can just wrap it around the metal. lol.

I'm talking about this part

Comment

Found All The Parts =Teh Win

I found the couplers~! Mad weird spot in home depot too! Got everything together, took me about 15 to install.

Cost= 15.00 for s2000 antenna from hondautomotive.com (sp?)
                washers, nuts, coupler, pvc pipe=5.00
                Wire from radio shack= 3.29

so like 23.00 for everything. The guy was charging 17 I think for his kit, in this post, you can get everything for 8.29. That's if you want to DIY, here's a pic or two to prove my worth. =)

Comment

I found the couplers~! Mad weird spot in home depot too! Got everything together, took me about 15 to install.

so like 23.00 for everything. The guy was charging 17 I think for his kit, in this post, you can get everything for 8.29. That's if you want to DIY, here's a pic or two to prove my worth. =)
                  can u give me a parts list as in the sizes of the washer, nuts, etc. for all of the parts i will be needing from home depot and radio shack?
                  Last edited by ap716; 03-26-2005, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ap716
                    can u give me a parts list as in the sizes of the washer, nuts, etc. for all of the parts i will be needing from home depot and radio shack?

how hard can it be? , im shure you coud mount it somehow without buying all the stuff , and using stuff laying around in the garage.. be creative

BTW: would this antenna work on the roof at the back , or would it look stupid.. maby i should get a VW one

Comment

Glad you got the parts!

Looking good mang

Comment

Looks sweet on your car, man.

But I gotta ask you, how is the reception compared to the stock antenna? And how long did it take you to get the stock antenna out?

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreddio55
                          Looks sweet on your car, man.

But I gotta ask you, how is the reception compared to the stock antenna? And how long did it take you to get the stock antenna out?
                          Thanks bro, glad you like. How long, ok for most people who know a little about their cars and know their way around some basic tools:

5 mins to remove old antenna
                          5 mins to correctly assemble the DIY kit (I made mine myself)
                          5-10 mins to get everything just right, so it looks good and reception is tight

Reception is overall the same on FM, stations are clear, my little tip, stick the wire that comes out of the DIY cable piece right under the antenna, it helps a bit.

AM sucks, but it always has, I never had any AM reception after my pulley install. lol. I have no clue why.

Comment

What section of home depot did you find it in? I tried putting together my own kit but I couldn't find the threaded stud and the coupling nut that fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                              What section of home depot did you find it in? I tried putting together my own kit but I couldn't find the threaded stud and the coupling nut that fit.
                              It was right next to the bolt area, but funny part was, it was with this metal rod looking stuff. BTW, it was sold in packages of three, and it says COUPLER right on it.

Comment

It was right next to the bolt area, but funny part was, it was with this metal rod looking stuff. BTW, it was sold in packages of three, and it says COUPLER right on it.
                                I saw those but they were all sae and I didn't know what size to use. Since the bolt on the antenna is 5mm.

Comment

Working...
                                X