No announcement yet.

EXT: S2000 antenna install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know where to get a 5mm coupler... got all the parts (nuts, thread stick, washer) from Home depot for under under $4, got a free S2K Antenna from a buddy with a 350Z who is resorting back to his stock antenna, using the PVC type thing from the stock antenna ...but I need the coupler to finish the job...it's like the most important part, it connects the antenns to the thread stick... any ideas as to who carries 5mm couplers, or metric anything?

"Cars to me are meant, above all else, to be driven no matter what is done to them..."
    - RJ de Vera

Comment

You can get the coupler from home depot too. I had the same problem, couldn't find it...it's in the same section where you bought the rest of the stuff. However, I found mine in a little clear bag on a wall near the threaded rod.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

I know where it is, I bought the two smallest coupler sizes they had and the smallest one didnt fit on the S2K antenna and the next size up was too big...thats why i need to know the exact size of the coupler used and the threaded rod used... or where to get a metric coupler, because the 5mm nut i have will fit on the threaded rod and S2K antenna... home depot is pretty much all standard

"Cars to me are meant, above all else, to be driven no matter what is done to them..."
        - RJ de Vera

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
          You can get the coupler from home depot too. I had the same problem, couldn't find it...it's in the same section where you bought the rest of the stuff. However, I found mine in a little clear bag on a wall near the threaded rod.
          I read this thread before and you had said you weren't getting good reception with this setup. Did you ever fix that problem? I was thinking of doing this, maybe you can let me know if the reception is any good. This is a complete list with sizes that I made from reading the thread.

1" PVC Pipe w/ 5-10 degree cut
          5 nuts (size?)
          thread stick (not sure what its called, and its 5mm i believe?)
          Washer bigger than the PVC pipe
          washer for antenna
          antenna wire, male connector on one end, and a ring terminal on other
          coupler (5mm i beleive?)
          and the rubber from the old antenna and of course the s2k antenna itself

Comment

ok i got a few questions about the antenna install....i dont understand the picture of the wire (i guess its a coaxial) w/ the end that plugs into the head unit and the other end w/ the eyelit cap crimped on. How the hell is that peice, which is about a foot long, going to reach the radio....or was it just a picture to show both ends.....am i missing something? Is there another port that you directly plug the wire into the trunk? Please explain....i assumed you would just splice the existing wire from the automatic antenna and then connect it with the eyelit piece.
            Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
            Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

bump
              Originally posted by fizzbob7 i think the "jdm everything" craze is funny........it's the same thing, a fad.......and an overpriced one at that
              Originally posted by uncle_el believe it or not, this forum is not about you or your post count. it's about providing relevant information and exchanging it with one another, in order to help build a community. if you don't like that, please leave.

Comment

Look at the piece that connects to the antenna motor inside your trunk. Its got a female connector. THAT wire is what connects directly to the radio, not the one shown in this diy.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

ok ill check it out....thx for the reply

where can you get that male connector?

Comment

Id look at radioshack and home depot. Or you can rip it off the antenna motor. Im not sure, really. Im about to do something like this so Ill keep the thread updated with anything I find interesting.
                    To-Do List for Today
                    Be Awesome

Comment

home depot definetly doesnt have that type of adapter at the end...unless they sell something that works for the same thing and it just looks different....i dont even know what to call the peice so i dunno what im looking for it would be nice if someone could post a name for that

and i also checked radio shack but couldnt find anything

Comment

just splice the existing wire that came out of the antnna motor and put a little eyelet thing on the end and put the eyelet on the threaded stick

- RJ de Vera

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                          ever figure out ur reception problems? i'm going to do this soon, since my motor broke (winter freeze got to it!)
                          JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

Originally posted by tehpr3chr
                            ever figure out ur reception problems? i'm going to do this soon, since my motor broke (winter freeze got to it!)
                            Actually I didn't, it really pissed me off too. It worked fine the first week or so, after that I barely get anything anymore. It totally blows because I sold the old antenna on ebay! So, now I'm stuck with no reception. Anyway, i checked the entire line and nada. Everything is fine. argh.
                            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

somone send me a coupler...

- RJ de Vera

Comment

Originally posted by H22AccordCPT
                                somone send me a coupler...
                                Im not sure where you could get a correct one, but the ones we're using are all standard. Maybe check a local hardware place?

I just used the coupler from home depot, and it held good enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X