EGR Valve Vacuum Hose has no Vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR Valve Vacuum Hose has no Vacuum

I got a 92 accord ex coupe and i have no vacuum from the egr vacuum line at 3k rpms with car warmed up. I do get a very quick intermittent spike on my vacuum gauge randomly when testing but nothing at the book test of 3k rpms or higher. The occasional reading i do get is right at 13cm hg. Which would be the correct reading at 3k rpms or higher. I just cleaned my whole egr system and after a month i opened my plugs on egr system and i can see some carbon buildup. So it makes me thing it must be working some of the time. Is my egr solenoid working randomly maybe? Maybe the egr valve itself is not sending a proper signal to computer. I get no cel unless i disconnect the egr vacuum line and drive on highway for a few miles. This is obd1 so who knows. My gas mileage has turned horrible again after cleaning my TB a month ago. It gets dirty so fast now. That is for another post though as not sure how related they are.

[edit]I went out and tested it again. If i do small rpm increments starting at idle the vacuum gauge never reads anything. It is only when there is a certain amount of rpm jump does the vacuum gauge read something. And this only happens at the lower rpms possibly. Well below the 3k rpm test. What the heck is causing this?[edit]
    Last edited by zedjr10; 07-31-2017, 09:50 PM.

It is a clogged egr solenoid. Bottom vacuum inlet is clogged and There is nothing small enough and strong enough to punch thru it. I wonder if i can let just the bottom part soak in vinegar or TB cleaner. I will leave this post here for anyone else. Check your egr solenoid if you have same symptoms as me.
    Last edited by zedjr10; 08-03-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X