Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Prestone leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prestone leak

Hi, just arrived from the store and what i see? white smoke comming from my hood, just a little bit, so I was in the driveway and i opened the hood, looks like the radiator is leaking but just a bit. by the time i check where it came from, on the floor there's already a small spot of prestone. The leak is from the radiator but How the hell could this appen so.. what should I do? buy an additive for prestone leak and see what it does and if the leak is still there then i should replace the radiator?

I say check your hoses and also the neck of the radiator...mine was cracked and had a bad leak and it was almost like it ate the fluid it went so quick....but mine never smoked so i dunno..that additive isnt a bad start tho....

Comment

where is it leaking from???

is it seeping from the top seal of the radiator? is it leaking from those hoes where they meet the radiator?

sometimes it can be simple, unless the radiator is done.

nothign lasts forever, sometimes running low on coolant heats up the radiator seals and then it dries up and busts.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

it's leaking from the radiator "grill"
        picture here

i cant get a clear picture but looks like it's leaking from the red circle ( and maybe the small one too... not sure about this one ).
        picture here

Ill try the additive this after noon. The additive is Formula 1 Cooling system Leak Stopper.

Comment

i say just replace the radiator, you can get one from autozone for $103.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i was coming out of a walmart when i saw i had a coolant leaking out of my radiator, i was driving to tacobell for dinner with a buddy the previous night and he said he smelled something sweet and that it had the scent of coolant.

sure enough i had a cracked radiator near the lower hose.

on a side note, did anyone else notice that Honda's antifreeze is now blue? on the bottle it says Type 2.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              i say just replace the radiator, you can get one from autozone for $103.
              x2, looks like the actual core is bad.

Comment

dude that pic is actually ur AC condenser in front of your radiator. your radiator is sitting right behind it and probably has a pin size hole leaking onto your condenser, you can get some sealant that you put into your radiator to help it stop but i doubt those work 100%.

get a new radiator cause its very easy to change, might as well change the hoses and the thermostat while your at it.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Cool thanks for tip :P yeah ill go to the garage tomorow but i dont know if i should do it myself, i mean it's not a problem to remove it and replace it, i just dont want to mess around with the prestone ( air bubble in the motor or thing like this ), except for that, i can do it myself.. I think ill use the service manual to flush and fill the new prestone in. Ill give you news. Thanks again !!

By the way.. 2 days no cb7 = OMG

2) The leak is comming from the other side of the cap. on picture the prestone leaked for a good 20 mins so there's prestone everywhere.
                  Last edited by Jetro; 07-07-2006, 02:14 AM.

Comment

it is really fun and easy to change the radiator.

get some pails for the fluid and drain it with that white plastic cap under the radiator, then take off the hoses or cut them off if u are replacing them. take off the top things holding the radiator in place, disconnect the fans and then pop it up.

if you have an auto you have to disconnect the lines down there.

takes about 40 minutes taking your time.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

what's the worst thing that could append if i miss something? lol

Comment

hahah it wont come out. it just drops in there

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Done , just replaced my radiator, well pretty easy.. i had a small oil leak but fixed, and small leak from the hose but also fixed, now brand new radiator for 120$ it was someting like 45 to 110$ for the installation ( canadian$ ). Just a question, should i flush all the prestone and refill it with new ? cuz now i just flushed the radiator, remove it, replace it and refill, i didnt touch the motor .. what should i do?

Comment

fill it with 50/50 water and anti freze. then open the little valve on the thermostat (10mm) and let the car run with the climate temp to hot. u will see bubbles, when u stop seeing it then your done.

...you didnt change the hoses or thermostat?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i changed only the radiator, i didnt touched the motor base and no i didnt changed the hose. In the manual it says for automatic 2.2l i need 7.1 l. of prestone, but i removed only like 4 litter from the radiator, and nothing from the motor...

EDIT:
                              I have a lot of problem with the heating switch, this winter i had difficulties to turn it from cold to hot, and now it's almost free.. but when i turn the fan ON the air is hot. could my heater valve ( picture here ) could be the problem? or the cable itself?
                              Last edited by Jetro; 07-10-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X