Water Pump Block Off Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
    Sounds like you care? I mean you took time to reply. I dunno. Useful parts yeah. Like PR said, cause we aren't chain driven, pretty pointless.
    I dunno man a response takes about half a minute of my life and is done while I'm bored at work so...I really don't care, just firgured I'd let you know. Just like why I'm on here responding now...I'm at work and it's slow as can be...bored...I could sit here and type for 3 hours straight and I still won't lose sleep over it. And there's many more pointless parts that people put on their cars. HIDs, red/clear tails, smoked ambers, spoilers, etc. What's the point of those? blinding other drivers for your own benefit and looking pretty. Useless maybe... but why does it bother you if it's available? In my opinion the more parts available the better.

Comment

Something like this maybe????

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/GWP22IDLR

This one is for a B series but I have seen F22/H22/H23 ones around as well. $$$$$ Might as well keep an OEM pump and grind off the pump veins on the back side. That way you could save yourself $200 and put it toward all of the extra parts that you are going to need to run a remote electric water pump.
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-26-2011, 11:04 AM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

running the mezzier electric water pump you are more likely to over cool than to over heat...
        it is a pointless mod... unless of course you have a turbo 8sec sfwd application.
        those are really the only people i see running the mezzier set up.
        barring what i just said, if your oem water pump isn't enough to keep your motor cool, something else is wrong.

Comment

ive seen this kit around for years. its nothing new. its interesting, but nothing we need.

as for deleting the ac compressor to free up power.. that is dumb. the ac compressor offers no resistance at all when it is not on. i only removed mine because it stopped working and i wanted the weight savings. the weight savings that comes from removing the ac stuff (all of it) is far more beneficial than the 0hp you free up by deleting the compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth View Post
            ...as for deleting the ac compressor to free up power.. that is dumb. the ac compressor offers no resistance at all when it is not on. i only removed mine because it stopped working and i wanted the weight savings. the weight savings that comes from removing the ac stuff (all of it) is far more beneficial than the 0hp you free up by deleting the compressor.
            exactly what i was mentioning to reignstarz
            ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

wow did he really say HID's are pointless? lol.
              thats like sayin puttin gas in ur car is [pointless cuz it just burns away lol

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                as far as the electric WP, i would only see this in a f20/22c and k series being that both motors are chain driven
                Last time I checked, my serpentine belt ran the water pump on my s2000.

People with Cobras do the electric water pumps with decent gains. On a Honda, its just plain dumb IMO. Just like removing AC, power steering, balance shaft belt, and other stuff, I seriously don't get why people do it unless its an all out drag car. Is that 1hp really that important?

Comment

Originally posted by 90exkId View Post

wow did he really say HID's are pointless? lol.
                  thats like sayin puttin gas in ur car is [pointless cuz it just burns away lol
                  yea cuz we all know that our cars will NOT run without HIDs lol

Comment

electric water pump

so for those worried about the water pump failing, know that you are running an electric pump that is much more likely to blow up your engine when it turns off.

Your fuel pump.

With the water pump you have some time before catastrophic issues.

With the fuel pump if you are at wot and it goes, lean conditions can mean a big boom in the engine.

With that being said, I agree its not very helpful. Its cool, but not necessary.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

No fuel pump would be a bit more than a lean condition. It would be more like a fuel cut rev limiter and your car woudl stall out. I have never seen a catastrophic failure do to a failed fuel pump.

As for the electric water pump. As long as you have a working ECT gauge you can avoid any overheating issues. If I was to go through the work to run an electric water pump, which I am, I would be sure to install a dummy light. This would be to notify me of any issues with the pump or overheating.......not hard to wire up in conjunction with the CEL or another trouble light.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
                        i wouldn't want to run the risk of the electric water pump not turning on or a short causing over heating b/c i was worried about maybe 1-3 whp

reminds me of old cadillac's with electric brake assist, blow a fuse + no power brakes= front end collision (happened to my friends mom)

not the best idea in my books
                        agreed!
                        www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
                        www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
                        1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                        2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                        3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
                        4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

Lets all just agree that when you get to the point that you have done everything else and want those few more hp, then you can consider this. But at that point, you won't be asking questions about it on cb7tuner because you'll be out actually doing cool shit with/to your car.

Comment

Have you ever spun a water pump by hand?
                            You could gain more hp by turning off your radio then this kit.
                            LOL So true.

One of our old race cars had an electric water pump...we'll just say there's a reason it isn't running anymore.
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
                              There's a reason why I deleted my ac compressor.
                              just guessing, but if its like your steering rack, your AC probably stopped working and it was cheaper to remove it for "weight savings" then get it repaired ?

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                              dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Working...
                              X