Help identifying sway bar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying sway bar.

Did a fair amount of searching and couldn't dig anything up on this sway bar. The bar has a 26mm diameter. Tanabe has already been ruled out as the ends aren't squared off and it has no collars or edges near the bushings.

Possibly a ST suspension swaybar? It looks like it may have been repainted red and looks similar to the one they have on their website in black.
    Originally posted by Quashish
    Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
    Quashish dictionary
    Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
    To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

The suspension techniques bar is 27mm. I doubt that this bar is theirs because in the places where the finish has scraped off, it's just red, not a layer of red then green. That and it's a powder coated finish.

Comment

Doesn't Eibach use red and I think that cheap brand Godspeed also uses red.

My ST bars were grey. Though I think I got them back in 2002.
        Last edited by Tishock; 08-26-2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

From all the pictures I've seen Eibach uses a dark red, almost marron color for theirs. Still, the size difference leads me to believe it's not ST.

Comment

The bends and the ends don't look right for an ST sway bar.

ST Front Sway Bar Overview

ST Front Sway Bar End (I know this isn't the best shot but I was taking the picture to compare the thickness.)
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I have Eibachs on my RSX and the ends are shaped differently, front vs rear; I don't think they have a signature end design. Mine look to be the same shade of red as yours, but "Eibach" and a couple serial numbers are painted on in white in the middle (at least on the rear; can't see or remember on the front). The way the roundness is pinched down into the flat spots looks identical. And finally, my rear bar looks to have that same consistent amount of material around the end link holes, but the corners are not pointed - however, like I said, they don't seem to stick to any particular design other than that neither of my bars have creased/pointed corners. I just didn't think Eibach made Accord bars.

Eibach's my best guess, if there's a discontinued Accord bar. I think we can rule out ST; the bends are wrong. Hotchkis is another brand that uses red, but the CB is not on their website; another possible discontinuation - same with Godspeed Project.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-16-2015, 03:35 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Eibach never made sway bars for the car I believe. Color wise, it looks like theirs, but shape wise, I don't even think its from a 4th Gen. I have Tanabe sway bars, and the front is shaped just like an OEM one, same as ST. If you look at the bends on this one, I don't think it would even fit....the center portion isn't "high" enough, and wouldn't clear the exhaust/downpipe.

Maybe its a Prelude or other 90s Honda/Acura bar?

Comment

Working...
                X