turboHLS30 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turboHLS30 View Post
    Then within a week I had her looking like this.

Never knew how awesome those wheels looked on a wagon.

Comment

I'm surprised I haven't stumbled into your members ride thread yet
      . Looking forward to what else you have in store for this one.

Comment

Loving the wagon updates brother, i can't wait for the weather too change so i can get back on getting mine in shape.
        CB7TUNER.com
        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Sick wagon for sure, I love that you autocross it. Question: what did you do to address the 5-lug rear end for the wagon? I'm looking at getting a wagon myself, and have already started collecting parts for the conversion.

And do you happen to have any more (parked) shots of the car with the '05-06 RSX-S wheels? Those, along with some winter steelies, are what I've got waiting as well.
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-12-2015, 11:47 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

CD5 rear knuckles will allow you to use the Prelude hub/bearing while retaining the same control arm spacing that the CB9 has.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thank you!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                Sick wagon for sure, I love that you autocross it. Question: what did you do to address the 5-lug rear end for the wagon? I'm looking at getting a wagon myself, and have already started collecting parts for the conversion.

And do you happen to have any more (parked) shots of the car with the '05-06 RSX-S wheels? Those, along with some winter steelies, are what I've got waiting as well.

For the rear 5 lug I used CB coupe/sedan rear spindles. Make sure you get all of the hardware from the coupe/sedan rear spindles. The bolts on the wagon are longer and you'd have to use washer when you swap spindles and use wagon hardware.
                '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
                '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
                '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                  I'm surprised I haven't stumbled into your members ride thread yet
                  . Looking forward to what else you have in store for this one.
                  Thanks bro!

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                  Loving the wagon updates brother, i can't wait for the weather too change so i can get back on getting mine in shape.
                  Thanks, I'm following your build as well!
                  '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

UPDATE! So I finally got around to installing my intake manifold and throttle body! Then went to the track the next day and managed to run a 15.7 at 91mph! 2 tenths of a second and 2mph just by doing intake and throttle body. This is still on a stock H22 basemap on a P72 GSR ecu. After that I installed the Type S cams, and let me tell you, they make a world of a difference! It seems soooo much beefier in the midrange and up top. I also scored a 3" exhaust that I'm going to mod to fit the wagon. The tuner thinks it will make 190-200whp. That's with the auto trans! Hopefully with the RMF header, 3" exhaust, and a legitimate tune I can hit 14.9 and 200whp!

I scored a Corbeau CR1 seat for free from a friend of mine that was going to throw it away. It needs a little work, but I'm not complaining. Now I just need a harness bar and I can mount it with my harnesses for when I go autocrossing.

Recently I helped my friend start a detailing business, and at first he was only doing interiors. Well the weather started getting REALLY nice here, and people started to want their exteriors done. So he decided to use Sophia as a test mule. I must say, Sophia hasn't looked this good in the 2 years that I've had her!

An to top it all off, I did up a spare valve cove I had laying round, installed sidemarkers, and wired up my fogs!!

'92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Originally posted by turboHLS30 View Post
                      For the rear 5 lug I used CB coupe/sedan rear spindles. Make sure you get all of the hardware from the coupe/sedan rear spindles. The bolts on the wagon are longer and you'd have to use washer when you swap spindles and use wagon hardware.
                      Thanks for the info & photo... I can't decide if I'll like the look, lol. They're the perfect offset, but the need for a knuckle swap makes me wonder why they're different.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Wow, been a little since I've updated this in a while. Since the last update, I got my PLM RMF header with 3" collector mod installed, got most of my 3" exhaust installed. Ran an autocross an at the Daytona International Speedway, and got to do a few laps around the 24hr course! Then a few weeks later I was at a local meet, and a few guys wanted to have some fun runs. Was running a friend of mine with a B20 EG hatch, and when I shifted to second I heard a big bang and then a clanking noise. I shut it off immediately and pulled over thinking the engine was done for. I started it again and the engine sounded fine, so I decided to limp it home. As I started accelerating the clanking slowly got louder, and as I slowed down, it went away. At that point I came to the conclusion that something in the trans broke. The next morning I came outside, and there was a trail of trans fluid running down the driveway. So whatever happened, put a hole in the trans case somewhere. Since then, I've been compiling 5 speed conversion parts, and now I'm finally at the point where I can do the swap. I got the pedals, shifter, and cables in so far. Tomorrow I'm going to tow it to a friend's shop so I can pull the auto out. I'm also picking up an M2Y4 5th gen Prelude trans, Comp Stage 4 clutch, and Fidanza 8lb flywheel. All with 0 miles! So if all goes as planned, she'll be back on the road Thursday, and I'll take her to get tuned Saturday. Then back to the track to try to get that 14.2 pass! I also put her on a diet. All of the interior minus the seats, dash, and front door panels, have been taken out. Removing all of the sound deadner once I get it running, and I have a set of spare doors that I plan on gutting for when I go to the track.

I've successfully completed the manual conversion! Took about 10 hours to do once I had all of the necessary parts! As stated in my last post, I got a killer deal on an M2Y4 5th gen Prelude trans, Competition Stage 4 clutch, and Fidanza 8lb flywheel!

So all of that got installed and got her going that night. Then moved the battery behind the passenger seat and finally cleaned up the engine bay a little.

Then did my first autocross event with her since the manual conversion. I was holding down second place in my class, and then the prongs on the distributor decided they didn't want to be with the distributor anymore, and broke off clean. I still had 3 runs left! :mad: Ended up fixing it and getting her home. Then just chilled for a little. I have some pretty cool kills under my belt now, including a 350z, G35, 2.0T Genesis, LOTS of Civic SI's, Fiesta ST, and a couple B swapped Civics. I've also been wanting to mod a headlight so I can do a ram air intake out of the high beam. A friend of mine had a housing that had been sitting around, so I cut it up and made it work! No glass lense at the moment, because I have to figure out how to cut it.

I went to the track shortly after on a mission to break into the 14's. My personal best when it was auto was 15.7 at 92mph, and I told myself I'd be happy with 14.8 for now. It was a learning experience, because I had never driven a manual FWD on a prepped track before. I was having problems finding the sweet spot to launch. 4000rpm launch would bog, and 4500rpm launch would spin. So I dealt with that for most of the night, and then on my final run I kinda got it down. It started to wheel hop, and I pedaled through it and managed a horrible (but my personal best for the night) 2.4 60ft, and ran a 14.875 at 96mph. I was ecstatic! I know it's definitely a low 14 second car when all the stars align.

That night I noticed how horrible my tires were, so I was looking for tires and my friend ended up giving me a killer deal on his 16x8 +38 and 16x7 +38 Enkei RPF1's, so I had to get them! They have a meaty tire in the front, but I don't mind it much. They're relatively sticky! Next step is to finally get a tune, because I've been on a basemap all this time. Also have to finish my exhaust, and pick up a traction bar. I have an autocross tomorrow, so I'm currently prepping for that! Stay tuned for pics and videos from that!

'92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Nice update man. Glad you turned her into a five speed. you gotta be a happy man. Your numbers at the track are looking good too.
                          That RMF header is a 4-1 right? How well is it clearing you front cross member?
                          CB7TUNER.com
                          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                            Nice update man. Glad you turned her into a five speed. you gotta be a happy man. Your numbers at the track are looking good too.
                            That RMF header is a 4-1 right? How well is it clearing you front cross member?
                            Oh I'm absolutely in love with it all over again! The RMF doesn't clear the factory crossmember, so I ended up cutting it to clear the header, and then boxing it in. I'll be buying a traction bar soon! Not much is going on right now. Installed some black housing headlights and clear corners, and finally finished the exhaust! Basically a 3" straight pipe down to a 2.5" DC Stealth Series muffler. Helps quiet it down, and added tons of torque down low! On to a couple pics I took! Disregard the dirty wheels, I have Hawk HP Plus pads and they produce more brake dust in a week than a normal set of pads produce in a month.

Next up is a front splitter, and try to make some brake ducts out of those foglight holes!
                            '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

One of these days the Orlando and Tampa folks have to get together. I've seen your recent mods through Facebook. Did you get rid of the velocity stack headlight?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                                One of these days the Orlando and Tampa folks have to get together. I've seen your recent mods through Facebook. Did you get rid of the velocity stack headlight?
                                I still have it, I just took it off because I got the black housings and I only use it when I go to the track!
                                '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Working...
                                X