INT: A-Pillar plastic cover removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: A-Pillar plastic cover removal

Well thought I'd write this article up since I went ahead and did mine and it can be a headache for some. Also because this was not mentioned in my Haynes manual. This is from a 93 sedan. Enjoy

- The A-Pillar tucks behind the B/C Pillar but can be pulled out from behind it as shown here.

- Remove the lower seat belt cover at the bottom of the A-Pillar by pulling from the side. It will reveal this screw.

--

- This will allow you to pull the sides out a bit and will reveal the two bolts which hold the seat belt adjuster on. There are two two 10mm bolts to get to. Moving the slider up and down gains access to each bolt. Make sure to put the seat belt through the hole like this so you can pull the plastic back to get to the bolts.

--

--

--

- Also note that the bolts for this do not come out all the way.

Now the hardest part! This is a pain, I will admit. There is no easy way to get the seat belt adjuster through the A-Pillar to remove the whole unit from the car.

This will not work.

And removing the seat belt lower bolt from the floor will not work.

This is the only way I could find to remove the unit through the A-pillar!

- Now that this is done, its time to remove the pillar. There are clips that hold the A-pillar on. AND since our cars are old you may break some. so be careful to try and not break the clips. It will take some force to pull it off.

It helps to pull straight out towards you. Don't pull down, or rock it back and forth as it will break the plastic clips. I believe there are special tools to help you pull these out too.

Most people wonder how to get the A-pillar out of the dash. Well its just one clip, like the others, and it pulls out and the pillar comes out. It's not bolted down there or anything special.

Try to avoid this:

And you are done
Working...
X