Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whp question

I was wondering how much hp my car makes at the wheels. It's a stock 4 door with 222,xxx miles

Go get it dyno tested. The F22a1 and F22a4 was supposed to have 140 hp while the F22a6 had 10 more hp. But I dont think that was at the wheels. And after 20 years its probably less than that. Theres no answer anyone of us can give you.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

The f22a1 has 125hp stock and 100-110whp.
      Last edited by cb7sk8rdude; 07-01-2012, 06:04 PM.
      cb7sk8rdude

Comment

Just looked it up
        F22a1 125hp 137 lb.ft torque
        f22a4 130hp 142 lb. ft torque
        F22a6 140hp 142 lb.ft torque

My bad

[edit] theres also an f22a1 in the 92-96 prelude
        135 hp 142lb. ft torque
        didnt know about that kinda weird.

and an F22a7 says in an accord and prelude S no year given just a little more torque
        SOHC 16 valve 140 hp 145 lb. ft torque

F22b
        F22b1
        F22b2
        F22z2
        F22c DOHC Vtec 16 valve which uses PGMFi from an s2000
        Last edited by Quashish; 07-01-2012, 10:13 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Probably 80-100whp. Condition is everything.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
            theres also an f22a1 thats dohc still 16 valve from a 92-96 prelude
            135 hp 142lb. ft torque
            didnt know about that kinda weird.
            It was SOHC

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

The Prelude F22A1 was the exact same engine as the Accord F22A1. That's why it has the same name. Not DOHC. The ECU is responsible for most of the 10hp difference.

Quashish, please don't present "facts" unless you actually know them to be true. Especially in this area. You've given grossly incorrect information twice in this thread alone! The person you're "educating" doesn't know you're giving wrong information, and they will believe it to be true... and then they will spread it.

CB7JDM4DOOR, the number of doors on your car tells us nothing. To help you, we need your year and trim, and what country you're from (we assume US, since you use miles... but it helps to know where you're from.)

Assume a 15-18% drivetrain loss for our cars. So if you have an F22A1 (DX or LX trim) making 125hp at the crank, you're looking at a drivetrain loss of about 18.75-22.5hp. So rounding... you're looking at like 102-106whp in stock form, HEALTHY. Now, add 20 years of wear and tear, and probably a need for a tune up and valve adjustment... chances are good that you're making less than 100whp.

Comment

Well I was looking at this honda database app. Thats why I said I thought it was kinda weird. Previous post edited.
                Last edited by Quashish; 07-01-2012, 10:14 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Verify information before repeating it. Otherwise, you're falling victim to the same sort of thing you're doing... simply repeating incorrect information. The more it gets repeated, the harder it is to keep it from spreading. There have been MANY things on this forum alone that were believed to be true, yet they were completely false. Those that repeated the information simply took it for granted, and never sought to verify it.

I'm guilty of it myself. There was a span of YEARS where the Mitsubishi 14b turbo (a very common, affordable, and easy to find turbo) was deemed far too small for the F22A. Undersized turbos will create heat that can destroy an engine (that is true.) However, it wasn't until about this time last year that toycar appeared and provided hard evidence proving that the 14b is NOT too small. Years of pushing people away from a perfectly good turbo option due to unverified false information.

Comment

15-18% is a good percentage for drive train loss on a new chassis off the lot. I would look more towards losing 20-25% for a 19-22 year old engine. This really all depends on the engines health of course....... Compression test and a dyno is the best way to find true Hp & tq numbers. The rest are just guesses, educated or not!
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

15-18% would still be the drivetrain loss. That won't change, unless perhaps you have a damaged transmission, oversized wheels, etc...
                      Some people believe our drivetrain losses to be closer to 10-12%, but I think that's overly optimistic. I'd rather assume I'm making less power than assume I'm making more.

But yes, there will be additional losses due to wear (the engine itself, ignition components, emissions components... plenty of things will cause a loss of power over time.)

Comment

You are absolutely correct. I used the wrong terminology..... I should have said percentage of overall power loss instead of drive train.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X