What's your education level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your education level?

I was just flipping through the "how old are you and what do you do?" thread, and it got me wondering... what level of education do the members here have?

The poll above is private, so nobody is going to know what you say if you don't want them to. Free to comment if you care to, and elaborate about your educational decisions.

This thread isn't here to judge. I know a number of extremely intelligent, successful people that dropped out of high school. I also know people with graduate degrees that I consider complete idiots (just because you can read a book, pass a test, and write a paper doesn't necessarily mean you're better than anyone else!)

As for me personally, I have a BA in Psychology (so that's what I put on the poll.) I will be going back for a doctorate, hopefully in the Fall of 2013... but since I haven't started that yet, the BA is my highest level.
    Did not complete high school
    4.35%
    Currently in high school
    2.61%
    Trade school
    6.96%
    Currently in trade school
    3.48%
    Some college (less than 60 credits, did not finish)
    15.65%
    Associates degree
    8.70%
    Currently pursuing Associates degree
    4.35%
    Bachelors degree
    13.04%
    Currently pursuing Bachelors degree
    14.78%
    Masters degree
    2.61%
    Currently pursuing Masters degree
    3.48%
    Doctorate
    0.00%
    Currently pursuing Doctorate
    1.74%
    Post-doctoral studies
    0.00%
    Other career-oriented certification not earned at a college or trade school.
    4.35%
    High School diploma / GED
    13.91%

ghost does not see a poll

anyway... BA in criminal justice.

Comment

I'm 30 and i just completed my AA in Health Care Administration and Medical Records. I'm now moving forward to earn another degree for Health Care Management.

Comment

I finished High School with a technology seal. After that I joined the shipyard's Apprentice School and took classes through that. Have my journeyman's card and some college credits. Currently in school for a BA in Business Administration with Project Management Specialization at St. Leo University.

Car knowledge: Started learning about cars after getting screwed out of $3,000 from a mechanic. Currently know the simple things, just started tearing into a block to build. I'm a good hands on learner.

Comment

Sorry, apparently the thread posted before I completed the poll!

Comment

I finished high school messed around for 2 years became a assistance manger at work. But I recently signed up to take automotive class at a tech college. So I can get a job at a dealership fixing cars.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

finished highschool with a 3.8 gpa w/ strict parents

goofed around too much in college having unlimited freedom, flunked out with a 1.8 2 years in.

Had a couple low end jobs, butchers assistant, shop hand, working as a shipping/receiving clerk. wasnt bad , but was relatively unhappy living with parents and not having a lot of money to do extra stuff with friends (i lived with parents but i chipped in a lot of my money for bills and home improvement projects)

Initially got hired on as a shipping/receiving clerk where im working at now.

i learned bits of the trade while doing shipping/receiving where im currently working at. Had some CAD classes in college and with a little teaching from my bosses, I started doing Fire Alarm and Gas Detection design for commercial/industrial for the company. Got fairly proficient at it, went through the paces to get licensed with the state fire marshal and certified with NICET as a First Level Life Safety Systems Engineer..

24 years old

Comment

I dont see an option up there for people who completed high school and have no other trade or college training.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I went into the Marine Corps after high school and was retired through a PEB at 13 months due to a service-connected disability. Then I got an AAS in Automotive Technology at Texas State Technical College in Waco. After a couple of years screwing around at a community college while I worked full time I'm at the University of Houston getting my BS in Construction Management. I should be done in May 2013 but I may extend it a semester to have an easier course load with my internship.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm a freshman in college trying to get my Bachelor's in Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering.

Haven't decided whether or not I want to go further.

Comment

Mike,

You're looking at another four years. Two for your Masters, and then you Doctorate. Which options will you choose?
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                        I dont see an option up there for people who completed high school and have no other trade or college training.

Whoops. I deleted it when I added the "still in" parts, and forgot to put it back! It's added at the end now. Gotta see if I can edit the poll otherwise to properly position it!

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                        Mike,

You're looking at another four years. Two for your Masters, and then you Doctorate. Which options will you choose?
                        I'm looking at 6-7 years, full time, depending on the program!
                        I technically COULD practice with just a Masters, so I may do that and then work on the doctorate part time... so I'll be like, 50, when I finally get it! I'm still not 100% sure how it's going to work out. In my line of study, I can enter a doctoral program with just the Bachelors. Most schools will still give me a Masters after 2 years in the program, so if I can't hack it, I'll at least have that. A few schools no longer do that, though... because they'll admit doctoral students, and then lose them after 2 years (and since admission is limited, and they rely on the contributions of those doctoral students to further the reputation of the school... that's harmful when many people do it!)

Comment

High school. Didn't care to continue schooling, I had a baby at the time and had bigger issues.
                          Jay
                          HondaLina
                          91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Just received an associates from the local community college. (pick up diploma in june). Transferred all my credits and degree to West Chester university to pursue my bachelors degree in business management/administration.

Comment

AAS in Renewable Energy and I have three terms left for my BAS in Energy Management.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                              X