No announcement yet.

What's your education level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to finish off my senior year in high school then move on to go to a community college for auto mechanics.
    1993 accord lx coupe 5 speed f22a1 all stock for now.

Comment

I have my Bachelor's in Electronic Systems Engineering. Right now, I'm working on the 4 years' work experience required to become a fully licensed Professional Engineer in Canada .

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
        AAS in Renewable Energy and I have three terms left for my BAS in Energy Management.
        What does BAS mean? I know BA is Bachelor of Arts (sadly, what I have in Psychology... I want a BS in BS! ) and BS is Bachelor of Science. I'm not familiar with BAS. Bachelor of Applied Science?

Comment

There should be a GED option IMO

Comment

That was part of the high school diploma option... re-added.

Comment

Finished high school in 07, i went to college for Autobody in 08 finished in 09 got certified in mig/tig, frame pulling, bodywork and paint.
              Terrible career choice for the area i'm in, but i guess i can use what i learned on my own projects.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Finished high school with a 2.1 GPA and currently have no plans for college, Im not that into school prefer doing things with my hands
                -Will

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  What does BAS mean? I know BA is Bachelor of Arts (sadly, what I have in Psychology... I want a BS in BS! ) and BS is Bachelor of Science. I'm not familiar with BAS. Bachelor of Applied Science?
                  Yup Bachelor of Applied Science. Can't wait to be done with school. Online school sucks because all the people who don't have jobs just sit there and do all their work and whore up the posting forums and by the time I have time I have to read so much crap..
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                    Finished high school with a 2.1 GPA and currently have no plans for college, Im not that into school prefer doing things with my hands
                    I know you've heard it before but you should really try. I finally went to a community college after 8 yrs of being tired of getting paid a shitty wage. You really can't do anything without an associates, its getting to the point where you even need a Bachelor's.

College is really different from high school I think. Way better too, teachers actually care from what I've found. If you think classrooms aren't for you maybe try a trade school?
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Did year of college, not for me, going to go to a trade school and get into the hvac/plumbing field. Just gotta get my shit together first.
                      wat?

Comment

Even an Associates is pretty much worthless. Hell, depending on what your Bachelors is in, even that can be useless! Mine is pretty useless for any job in my field. It's only good for those jobs that require "a degree".

A Bachelors today is pretty much what a high school diploma was to our parents' generation. A Masters will be the same to our kids, I'm sure.

The only other thing that can really be useful is learning a specialized skill. My friend dropped out of college when he got his girlfriend pregnant with twins unexpectedly. He is now a hydraulic mechanic, and one of the top mechanics at his company. Because his skill is so specialized, he's very valuable to the company. They pay him well, and his job is pretty secure because he'd be difficult to replace.

Comment

I spent basically 8 years studying between my masters and my CPA. Looking back on it, it was a long time spent, however working for a Fortune 100 company seems to have made it all worth it.
                          "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Finished High School in 2004, waited a year then went to wyotech where I got my associates for Automotive and Diesel engines and refrigeration I graduated in 2006

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                            1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread
                            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I'm 21 now but when I graduated from high school in 08 I went to college for 2years got my AA in criminal justice worked for 1year at Honda nothing to do with my degree and I am now finishing up the sheriffs academy and will be working on my BA in something else besides criminal justice just in case I get hurt on the field I got something to fall back on
                              MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Finished high school some years ago with a GED. Went to EMT school in '07, finished Paramedic school not long ago, about to start my Associates in Fire Science, then my Bachelors in Home Land Security, and an MBA with Public Safety specialty...along with a slew of other certifications in between.
                                H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

Working...
                                X