Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hytech replica header for F22A/H23A1 non-vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would definitely be on board with a hytech replica for the f22!!!

Comment

i'd be on board with it too!

Comment

this header would be considered a tri-y eh.

4-2-1's are the ones EVERYWHERE--v

the reading ive done on hytech's design shows improvement across the whole power band, unlike just the high end potential of the 421's, Im guessing this would benefit the f22 just like the h22, perhaps not as well from inherent flow issues whatever they may be motor vs motor.

as for the cross member issues ive only seen those come up with the prelude.

this is the header design ill be implementing original or replica for my swap, for my f22 car this header would be great and a nice change up from the punch press 421's saturating the scene.

In essence make it so, but please design the slip fit out, maybe where that union is smaller style V-band clamps could be used.

edit: one other issue with this too is the collector, the h22 hytec/rep's use a 2.5" Type R ball collector finding the header collectors to mate this to the rest of the piping are a pain to find and expensive. would the F version carry on the 2.5" style? or drop down to 2.25 and a flange. just something to chew on..
        Last edited by illinois_erik; 01-31-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=565

This was the donut gasket kit that I used to make an adapter pipe to mate my Bisimoto header to my stock exhaust @ the time. Had to open up the holes slightly, but it worked pretty well. Visually, it looks spot on to the PLM flange. This kit was a pain to hunt down locally but I did get lucky at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
            http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=565

This was the donut gasket kit that I used to make an adapter pipe to mate my Bisimoto header to my stock exhaust @ the time. Had to open up the holes slightly, but it worked pretty well. Visually, it looks spot on to the PLM flange. This kit was a pain to hunt down locally but I did get lucky at the time.
            Yikes 60 bones. Ive seen those too but on like jegs and other places, its a ball flange i suppose. if just that is that much, then the complete one ive found on the bay for 70 isnt so bad afterall and its stainless

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
              Yikes 60 bones. Ive seen those too but on like jegs and other places, its a ball flange i suppose. if just that is that much, then the complete one ive found on the bay for 70 isnt so bad afterall and its stainless

Its worth it, no doubt it would last alot longer than a flex pipe.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                Agree 100%, not a huge fan of flexpipes, they certainly have their place but I did appreciate the simplicity of the ball flange setup.

Comment

well yeah, where the hell did flex pipe come onto radar? the thing i posted is pretty much the same as granites suggestion only you get more metal to work with, and I highly suggest some sort of braided stainless flex after that collector,

unless you like cracks and failing flanges. even if its just a 4" wide one, you cant have a rigid exhaust header to muffler on a DD and expect it to last, unless you like crawling under your car often dicking with the stodgiest system on it lol

Comment

I don't know manu header companies. But I see a lot of 4-2-1 styles. Where the 4-1 styles at? Like Kamakazie..
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

This is me, showing my interest. Make it so.

Comment

Why is the type of flange any kind of issue? If you can go through the trouble of getting the right type of donut flange, or whatever it's called, onto whatever exhaust system is on your car, why not just cut the thing off and put a standard flange on there?

And... Tri-Y and 4-2-1 are the same thing. You can see that with your own eyes. Whether they're a cheap model with a flange doesn't matter. They go from four headers, then merge into two, and then finally into one. For the sake of flow, the collectors have to be of the Y-shaped variety.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

and with just some info, with ah hytech replica header it does need a slight cut in the front beam, i didnt do this with mine and gradually it made its own lol.

Comment

Is it notching on the beam or the header?
                            A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                              well yeah, where the hell did flex pipe come onto radar? the thing i posted is pretty much the same as granites suggestion only you get more metal to work with, and I highly suggest some sort of braided stainless flex after that collector,
                              unless you like cracks and failing flanges. even if its just a 4" wide one, you cant have a rigid exhaust header to muffler on a DD and expect it to last, unless you like crawling under your car often dicking with the stodgiest system on it lol
                              What do you think the purpose of a ball flange is? Does the same job as a flex pipe.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

What do you think the purpose of a ball flange is? Does the same job as a flex pipe.

Comment

Working...
                                X