SUSP: Taking that POS rotor off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92HondaEX
    So what you are saying is.... If you remove the hub assembly from the steering knuckle, you can pry the bearing off?

Caleb
    kinda, i started to remove mine off (on accident) but it could damage the bearing, i was lucky enuf to not dmg mine.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
      kinda, i started to remove mine off (on accident) but it could damage the bearing, i was lucky enuf to not dmg mine.
      Well....I need a new bearing, that why I was wating to know...

Caleb
      My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

go to napa or checker or autozone whatever auto store is near you and buy a ball joint separater its much easier to use and safer than jacking up your rotor and they dont cost very much, good write up still. glad to see at least someones trying to do this without having to pay a fortune. good job man.
        im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
        93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
        90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
        91 se accord 4 door SOLD
        92 lx accord coupe SOLD
        93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
        92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
        93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
        92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray
          go to napa or checker or autozone whatever auto store is near you and buy a ball joint separater its much easier to use and safer than jacking up your rotor and they dont cost very much, good write up still. glad to see at least someones trying to do this without having to pay a fortune. good job man.
          Can you get some pics how you do it with a ball joint separater? How do you get it back together?

Comment

get a pitman puller...not the ball joint seperator because the seperator is jsut a fork type bullshit and it could damamge the balljoint boot. it also made a hole in my dut shield so whenever i take hard right turns, the dustshield hits my rotor and causes what sounds like rattling cans.

i even tried a 2 jaw puller but didnt work...id HIGHLY suggest my way.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

get a pitman puller...not the ball joint seperator because the seperator is jsut a fork type bullshit and it could damamge the balljoint boot. it also made a hole in my dut shield so whenever i take hard right turns, the dustshield hits my rotor and causes what sounds like rattling cans.

i even tried a 2 jaw puller but didnt work...id HIGHLY suggest my way.
              I still don't understand how you canget to the rotors using your method, all I'm seeing that this method alowes you to remove the hub, bearing, and rotor as one piece....

Comment

I still don't understand how you canget to the rotors using your method, all I'm seeing that this method alowes you to remove the hub, bearing, and rotor as one piece....
                i meant the ball joint method.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

i meant the ball joint method.

Comment

jesus christ, every time i try and explain shit to you...you get hella confused. forget it.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

jesus christ, every time i try and explain shit to you...you get hella confused. forget it.
                      Ok....this is what I do understand, when you put the four bolt in the back and bang on it, you remove the hub, rotor and bearing as one piece, right? So now you have the bearing, rotor, and hub off the steering knuckle, do you use that bearing puller to get the bearing off the assembly(rotor, hub, and bearing assembly)? That's is what I understand, and sorry that I'm getting so confused.....

Comment

Ok....this is what I do understand, when you put the four bolt in the back and bang on it, you remove the hub, rotor and bearing as one piece, right? So now you have the bearing, rotor, and hub off the steering knuckle, do you use that bearing puller to get the bearing off the assembly(rotor, hub, and bearing assembly)? That's is what I understand, and sorry that I'm getting so confused.....
                        yes, you do get that one piece...but you remove another 4 bolts and the rotor removes from that ONE assembly as shown in the pic.

no bearing remover required unless of course you need to change the wheel bearing and in that case, id get that part pulled out.

what was kinda funny is that i proved my shop teacher wrong by going with this method.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

I always just use a slide hammer, its pretty fast, I've gotten down to doing brakes on mine in less than 45 min the last time I did them
                          ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

slidehammer...skinnny can you please elaborate on this method, ive heard little bit about it.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

What the hell, I can't get the hub assembly off of the knuckle. Banging it with those 60mm long bolts ain't doing anything. Any suggestions? Bang harder? I'll be damned if I'm taking the whole knuckle somewhere for someone to do it.
                              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
                                What the hell, I can't get the hub assembly off of the knuckle. Banging it with those 60mm long bolts ain't doing anything. Any suggestions? Bang harder? I'll be damned if I'm taking the whole knuckle somewhere for someone to do it.
                                just to verify, you have ALL 4 long bolts and banging them in a star shaped pattern?

i had a really big hammer (as seen in the vid)...so idk what to tell you.
                                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                                X