Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

92HondaEX Official Turbo Project Thread.... (56K Warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92HondaEX Official Turbo Project Thread.... (56K Warning)

There is so much I did since starting this project some two months ago, I hardly know where to began... I have to say pictures are worth a thousand words... so I'll start off with some pictures before the project so you may have an idea what my car was like before project started. By the way, this thread will be updated as I go.

Stock:

Slightly Modified:

Thanks for peeking...
    Caleb
    Last edited by Clueless; 04-30-2006, 05:18 PM.
    My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Update: Jul. 30, 2005

Finally got around to pulling my head off since I thought I bent some valves, to my relief there doesn't seem to be any... This took some five hours cause I had to go to sears for some tools I didn't have that made the job easier.

Here are my cylinders in order(1-4):

Some head shots:

Thanks for looking...
    Caleb

Comment

nice

Comment

ewww dirty...clean that shit

jk nice on starting the thread cant wait to see the turbo

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
        nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
        nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
        nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
        AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
        AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
        AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
        nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Originally posted by 1993sE
          ewww dirty...clean that shit

jk nice on starting the thread cant wait to see the turbo
          lol....it will come soon enough...

Caleb

Comment

starting out the same way i did....make sure to do all the seals on that side of the motor tho. Cam seal, balance shaft seals and retainer, main seal, balance shaft belts, timing belt, water pump, lower spark plug tube seals, and etc. Any plans for building the block at all?
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
              nice
              sup

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                starting out the same way i did....make sure to do all the seals on that side of the motor tho. Cam seal, balance shaft seals and retainer, main seal, balance shaft belts, timing belt, water pump, lower spark plug tube seals, and etc. Any plans for building the block at all?
                So far I have a valve cover gasket set and the oil pan seal... I'm still looking to get others. I was going to rebuild the block this summer, but since I have a spare motor in slightly worse shape this, I'm gonna build that up and drive on this one. What the best way to remove the cam shaft without causing a big mess?

Caleb

Comment

good job so far ne idea on when the project is going to be finished or what r u shooting for? And what set up u doing
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                    good job so far ne idea on when the project is going to be finished or what r u shooting for? And what set up u doing
                    I'm shooting for mid November, that should give me enough time to complete it, install it, and tune it. Right now I'm using a 14b(going to be rebuilt), dsm(already fitted), 460cc injectors, uberdata(maybe crome), maybe ostrich, uh....oh yeah, a Turbo XS bov! Anybody want a dsm intercooler?

Comment

whats that for? later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG

whats that for? later.
                        A ghetto short shifter.... I cleaned it up and have a better picture of it.

Comment

not to be a hater or anything, but what is the point of having a gauge down there? to look at it you have to take your eyes completely off the road... seems like it kind of defeats the purpose

Comment

Originally posted by flacopower
                            not to be a hater or anything, but what is the point of having a gauge down there? to look at it you have to take your eyes completely off the road... seems like it kind of defeats the purpose
                            True....but I wanted something that's can't be seen by other drivers, hence, a sleeper...

Comment

Got the camshaft off and almost ready to ship to delta cam for a regrind...noticed there's some wear on the junals holding the cam shaft...hmmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X