Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22a6 head with f23a1 block.... i am opened to any advice or suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB7/KA8 View Post
    This is almost my exact build. The only difference is that I have Wiseco high dome K20 pistons.
    What is the deal w/the offset on those? Did you have to flip the pistons around/get them machined?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
      its been done, with a h22 head a couple of times
      i havent seen this with a f22 head, this is cb7t only build
      f23 head gasket(hg)

NO,NO,NO

this setup, will yield your static compression to 12.35:1
      PT6 will never be able to handle it
      jdm h22 obd1 injectors are needed
      also a thicker headgasket (maybe)
      chipped p06 with a high compression map, 12.3 is no joke
      you'll be fine with that cam, i suggest bisi teflon spacers

this is a build you cant just put it together, do some more research on this
      and i'll guarantee you'll have one of the baddest sohc's here
      I do have a set of h22a4 obd2 injectors which will plug directly into the cg's hardness. Will that do?

I'm not sure if anyone on this forum is familiar with HANDCOMMAND ecu but my bro bought a p28 w/ Type R base map for his H22A swap and got it tuned. I may just get one of them but what mapping should i have him do?

What are the teflon spacers?

Thank you for your inputs.
      91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

This is almost my exact build. The only difference is that I have Wiseco high dome K20 pistons.
        How's the results of your build? I'll eventually up grade the pistons. thanks for your inputs.
        91-accord

Comment

i suppose using k20a3 pistons would be safer since i do plan on using it for daily driving and not really planning on aiming over 250 whp anyway. I guess my goal is to experiment with this build. If all goes well, i'll build another with extensive work.
          91-accord

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            What is the deal w/the offset on those? Did you have to flip the pistons around/get them machined?
            Nope. I didn't have to flip them. Most people think that you have to flip them 180° because the k series motor turns clockwise and our motors turn counterclockwise. That's a misconception. The motors actually turn the same way, toward the header. The k series header is in the back which makes it seems as if the motor turns in the opposite direction as F,H motors.

Originally posted by 91-accord View Post
            How's the results of your build? I'll eventually up grade the pistons. thanks for your inputs.
            Right now it runs choppy and it bogs because I'm not getting enough fuel. I still have to install my fuel pressure regulator and I have to find some H22a or 450cc DSM injectors. Then I have to get it tuned. I'm using a chipped P06.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

id keep the balance shaft because itll help your long term reliability. unless you balance your entire rotating assembly perfectly and get a block girdle

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
              And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
              Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by 91-accord View Post
                Has anyone successfully done a similar set up before? I would like to know numbers.
                I'm doin a very simular build right now but as stated cryo treatin cause I want the stock 8.8:1 compression cause imgoing f22a1 ported head and f23 block turbo at a steady 20 lbs. Same reliability as the f22 but bigger displasment.

Comment

Nope. I didn't have to flip them. Most people think that you have to flip them 180° because the k series motor turns clockwise and our motors turn counterclockwise. That's a misconception. The motors actually turn the same way, toward the header. The k series header is in the back which makes it seems as if the motor turns in the opposite direction as F,H motors.

Right now it runs choppy and it bogs because I'm not getting enough fuel. I still have to install my fuel pressure regulator and I have to find some H22a or 450cc DSM injectors. Then I have to get it tuned. I'm using a chipped P06.
                  could you sare ur base map am doing the same build

Comment

Honestly, I always thought they rotated them 180° in the hole becuase the K20/K24 pistons had a different offset for the wrist pin. As for the machining myth. I heard/read that they required machining becuase the valve reliefs are cut at different angles. The K20/24 use a different valve angle than the H/F series.

Did you clay this motor to check your valve to piston clearances? If you did can you post what the clearances are? I'm just curious as I once looked into using K pistons but opted for a custom set. Just seemed too be a bit risky.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by blazedealh91 View Post
                      could you sare ur base map am doing the same build
                      I have to get a new one burnt because I'm using the one from my previous build. (its the same build minus the k20 pistons and 450cc injectors.)

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                      Honestly, I always thought they rotated them 180° in the hole becuase the K20/K24 pistons had a different offset for the wrist pin. As for the machining myth. I heard/read that they required machining becuase the valve reliefs are cut at different angles. The K20/24 use a different valve angle than the H/F series.

Did you clay this motor to check your valve to piston clearances? If you did can you post what the clearances are? I'm just curious as I once looked into using K pistons but opted for a custom set. Just seemed too be a bit risky.
                      No I didn't clay the engine. I used math to figure out my piston height. Here is the equation:

crank length + rod length + compression height = piston height.

1.91 + 5.47 + 1.18 = 8.56 in. (217.42mm)

The crank length is half of the stroke.

My deck height is 219mm so my pistons are 1.56mm in the hole. Also, I'm using aftermarket K20 pistons with extra deep valve reliefs.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

Comment

Nice to see someone using formulas to plan their build. I know that formula very well. I use the term Crank Throw instead of crank length though....Same shyte different pile.

What cc is the dome on the K20 Wiseco that your using? and what rods are you using that are 138.9/139mm?
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Nice to see someone using formulas to plan their build. I know that formula very well. I use the term Crank Throw instead of crank length though....Same shyte different pile.

What cc is the dome on the K20 Wiseco that your using? and what rods are you using that are 138.9/139mm?
                          Yeah being an engineer, I use equations all day everyday. The dome cc is +10.5 and I'm using K20 rods.

Comment

I knew the rods had to be something other than an H or F series.
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

did u use a stock f22 headgasket

Comment

I knew the rods had to be something other than an H or F series.

Originally posted by blazedealh91 View Post
                                did u use a stock f22 headgasket
                                Yes. The F23 head gasket will work too.

I finally finished it up over the long weekend. I just have to re-adjust the valve lash and get it tuned. I drove it around the block (less than a mile) and it pulls hard. As soon as I tap the gas it wants to take off like a rocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X